Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

How's the Survival you wanted to see ("If" it is added)

The_W

Addicted Member
Now, before you say "Yes" or "No" right away, this is not suggestion, not yes/no question, not a post to persuade devs to add Survival quickly.
Not a place for arguing between Survival's pros and cons. This post is merely a place for your "Imagination", what kind of Survival do you want to see "If" it gets added?
I've been daydreaming about it recently, so I also wondered what other's imagination for survival?
Is it just like vanilla SMP? Or you wanted such kind of competitions nor challenge? Plugins or mods you would like to see? P2W or F2P environment?

No matter even how much you dislike survival, at least there should be some bright opinions. If you truly dislike it anyway, just say "Nothing" or something like that, to check how much people actually dislike it.
Some people will prefer the casual survival (prob like creative), some will prefer competitive (prob like Fac or SB).

Interested to hear my own version?
My imagination for survival in short is basically post-apocalypse themed Survival, Survival that really emphasize on "Survive". Similar to The hardest dfficulty or vanilla minecraft, customized strong monster lurking on wilderness, able to team up in "colonies", no spawners or /shop like facs or Sb, a vast world with various biomes and ruins of buildings, rpg-like system. A lot of overpowered stuffs or features won't exist to make the survival theme more real, main goal of competition isn't grinding, but to reclaim and rebuild the world from the hands of hostile monsters, Wars between "colonies" for territorry, etc.

There's so much more in-depth details I got from my Imagination, but at last I have to realize how impossible it is. So, that all will always remain in imagination, and probably so is this thread, but let's just share our imaginations for survival that you want to see. Note: I didn't copy other servers, but tbh this is inspired from other game I used to play though not right away the same. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

DanielWithAD

Donator
Donator
IGN
DanielWithAD
Yeah I would say that your imagination is a good one, survival should just be survival, like you grind for diamond armor, grind for enchants, not buy them. Colonies should be a thing though, and we could see who takes up the most territory. Maybe there should be like a payout at the end for who has the most territory or something.
Build battle lowkey would be fun to add though

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
The_W

The_W

Addicted Member
Yeah I would say that your imagination is a good one, survival should just be survival, like you grind for diamond armor, grind for enchants, not buy them. Colonies should be a thing though, and we could see who takes up the most territory. Maybe there should be like a payout at the end for who has the most territory or something.
Build battle lowkey would be fun to add though
Thanks! Glad to know someone also likes this idea, and it's exactly as you said. It will be fun and challenging in the same time to grind our own way with resources from wilderness instead of easily getting it from crates, gkits, or shop. I also agree about territory comp for payout, as it will requires effort and activity unlike grindings.
We can make the build battle as an event too!

Disclaimer : This is just our imagination, don't hesitate to give your thoughts! I would like to see other's opinion/imagination too!

DROGON623

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
I would prefer it to be either roleplay or towny-like

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
I agree with DROGON623 DROGON623 . Kind of like an SMPEarth kind of world, where you conquer land, and make towns, alliances and other things

Norking

Donator
Donator
IGN
Norking
Well, if they ever added a survival I would like it to be like this :

The Map

First off, I would like to see a random huge mc map not a custom one in order to give playing the taste of "survival". However, there should be a spawn in middle of nowhere, a custom spawn that you will be spawned in when you die and you don't have a bed, or when you first join the server, you can leave the spawn by doing /ls which is going to teleport you to a random location in map. /ls is something all new ppl should know about it and it should be shown in chat that " To leave the spawn and start your adventure do /ls ", also we can put an NPC in spawn that when you click on it, it activates the command for you.

Clans | Guilds system

When you first join the server, you would be in the spawn area where you see other people and meet friends and so on, you can team up with them in order to speed up the process of conquering the world, teaming up with other ppl can be done by doing a clan. Clan can consist of 10 people, so only 10 people per clan. Clan has many advantages like, the leader of the clan can set the clan spawn point so if you and your clan members want to meet up and control a specific area to build up etc, you can just do /clan clanpoint, then your friends who are in spawn/world can only do /clanpoint and within 10 sec cooldown, they will be there. The command of set clan point can be used by only the leader and only him so that abusive uses will not be possible. Clan system should have the following commands in order to see its full potential :
  • /clan is the prefix or it can be abbreviated by /c
  • /c create (name)
  • /c invite (name)
  • /c perms : you can set up perms for your members
  • /c kick (name)
  • /c promote : there should be 3 different roles for your members like member/mod/coleader
  • /c demote
  • /c rules
  • /c description
Note that roles in clan can have the following perms :
  • Kick other members
  • Invite other members
  • Rename the clan
  • Set rules
  • Set description
  • Set perms
  • Promote and demote
Pretty much I explained how the clan system should be in survival. The purpose of that all, you can work better in a team of 10 members and build a big castle with traps and things and you can with your clan makes your own territory to fight other territories.

How to play

It is a survival world, the goal is to find resources and stuff to get good and op stuff, simply harder you and your clan work the more powerful you will be.

Pvp is enabled all time, when you die you will be teleported to clanpoint or if you have no clan, to the spawn.

Clanpoint can be abused harshly unless we set the following rules :
  • Only the leader can set it
  • It has 3 days cooldown
Your main goal will be minning to find better stuff and to build a big castle with hidden spots to set up trap or to store your clan stuff. To make things fair and balanced there will be no crates or gkits. You can explore the world by looking around with some of your clan members in order to get other people and get their stuff. If you ever found another clan, attack them when they step away of their stuff and take the stuff and run, there should be a command that teleports you back to the clanpoint.

AutumnBomb1111

Donator
Donator

The Map

First off, I would like to see a random huge mc map not a custom one in order to give playing the taste of "survival". However, there should be a spawn in middle of nowhere, a custom spawn that you will be spawned in when you die and you don't have a bed, or when you first join the server, you can leave the spawn by doing /ls which is going to teleport you to a random location in map. /ls is something all new ppl should know about it and it should be shown in chat that " To leave the spawn and start your adventure do /ls ", also we can put an NPC in spawn that when you click on it, it activates the command for you.

Clans | Guilds system

When you first join the server, you would be in the spawn area where you see other people and meet friends and so on, you can team up with them in order to speed up the process of conquering the world, teaming up with other ppl can be done by doing a clan. Clan can consist of 10 people, so only 10 people per clan. Clan has many advantages like, the leader of the clan can set the clan spawn point so if you and your clan members want to meet up and control a specific area to build up etc, you can just do /clan clanpoint, then your friends who are in spawn/world can only do /clanpoint and within 10 sec cooldown, they will be there. The command of set clan point can be used by only the leader and only him so that abusive uses will not be possible. Clan system should have the following commands in order to see its full potential :
  • /c create (name)
  • /c invite (name)
  • /c kick (name)
  • /c promote : there should be 3 different roles for your members like member/mod/coleader
  • /c demote
  • /c rules
  • /c description
  • Kick other members
  • Invite other members
  • Rename the clan
  • Set rules
  • Set description
  • Set perms
  • Promote and demote
Pretty much I explained how the clan system should be in survival. The purpose of that all, you can work better in a team of 10 members and build a big castle with traps and things and you can with your clan makes your own territory to fight other territories.

How to play

It is a survival world, the goal is to find resources and stuff to get good and op stuff, simply harder you and your clan work the more powerful you will be.

Pvp is enabled all time, when you die you will be teleported to clanpoint or if you have no clan, to the spawn.

• It has 3 days cooldown
Your main goal will be minning to find better stuff and to build a big castle with hidden spots to set up trap or to store your clan stuff. To make things fair and balanced there will be no crates or gkits. You can explore the world by looking around with some of your clan members in order to get other people and get their stuff. If you ever found another clan, attack them when they step away of their stuff and take the stuff and run, there should be a command that teleports you back to the clanpoint.
This would actually be really cool if survival actually gets added. Hope it does get added!

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
The_W

The_W

Addicted Member
I would prefer it to be either roleplay or towny-like
I agree with DROGON623 DROGON623 . Kind of like an SMPEarth kind of world, where you conquer land, and make towns, alliances and other things
Interesting, if survival gets added the model should be at least similar to this.

The Map

Clans | Guilds system

• /c create (name)
  • /c invite (name)
  • /c kick (name)
  • /c demote
  • /c rules
  • /c description
  • Kick other members
  • Invite other members
  • Rename the clan
  • Set rules
  • Set description
  • Set perms
  • Promote and demote

How to play

• It has 3 days cooldown
That is a very great and detailed idea for survival if it is added! If you don't mind there are some thingw I would like to say:

1. For territory, I would suggest three kind of teritorry claims: Clan's main area where only some or all members can break/build, Member's claim which is personal claim that each member has as own home, and wild territorry which can be very vast and accessible for other players too except blocked/blacklisted clans/players

2. I have different idea about PvP. I suggest a part of area with PvP disabled and a part enabled where there will be more resources and loots. I am thinking about adding PvE aspect more challenging aside from PvP too. PvP can also be added for Territorry invasion, Raiding (Sneak into to steal from others), training prob, and also Final Clash/War (Not CoC). The Final Clash/War would be the Grand War between strongest clans as event or competition late game either to win big rewards or to contribute in achieving leaderboards.
When a player dies, instead dropping items, a lootchest will appear and all the stuffs will be kept there. If it's on non PvP area it will be protected from other players for some minutes or 1 hr, if it's PvP area it can be looted dirrectly by other players. This way, resources wouldn't be wasted.

3. About teleportation, I suggest having teleportation points scattered across the map. People won't be able to use teleportation commands if they are not in teleportation point. This will make it more challenging as survival, but if players often going out and back to store the collected items, I suggest a mailbox which can be used to mail your items to home.

The other thing that might be missing is probably the economic system. The style of clans in my mind is also bit different where I think clans not entirely enemies and agressive but more to competitive.

Strongly agree about no crates/gkits. Even if it does exist, it should not be OP or a rpd level system where the rewards are better the higher the level. Hope it gets added if survival is added!

DanielWithAD

Donator
Donator
IGN
DanielWithAD
The Final Clash/War would be the Grand War between strongest clans as event or competition late game either to win big rewards or to contribute in achieving leaderboards.
Yeah I agree, this would be cool to add and would give the players standing in the end something to fight for, and it'd be better then just giving out a payout to whoever has the most territory.