Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

How to get your first 100 subscribers! (Guide)

Sahviiksil

Donator
Donator
It isn't easy starting out on YouTube. Take it from me, I've been at the YouTube game for nearly 2 years, and getting my first 100 subscribers was no easy feat. But fear not! I will share some tips and tricks that got me to my first 100 subscribers! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel too - Because, why not? ;)

Step 1
"Quality Content"

If you're going to start creating content on YouTube, specifically 'Minecraft' content, then it's important to make a good first impression! Making original content can be hard, but no idea is really an idea without a little inspiration! Taking inspiration from other channels will help you gain a better understanding as to what people want to watch and what kind of quality you should be shooting for. Now I understand that not everyone here has amazing top quality equipment for recording. If that's the case, then maybe focus on content that doesn't HOG your computer's CPU.

But if you can record Minecraft, which I assume you can - then make your content worth watching. Being completely non-bias, would you watch your video if it came up in the recommended? Is it entertaining? Your main goal while making content should be trying to retain your audience's attention for as long as possible. You want to get that view, watch time and hopefully a subscription, so keeping your audience entertained is key to making quality content. I recommend researching first, watching youtubers with similar styles to you, and watching how they structure their videos. Like I said before, taking inspiration is a good thing! You want to be inspired, motivated to create content.

All in all, try and make your content fun to watch! If you're going to use a mic or camera, make sure it has some good quality! There is a very high standard for quality these days on YouTube, with 1080p and 4k becoming more and more accepted world-wide. So make a grand entrance!

Step 2
"Tag and Key word research"

When you create content on YouTube, do you make the best use of tags and keywords? They are your most valuable asset as a content creator. They tell you what people are searching for, how many people search for them and can determine you getting 100 views, or 10,000 views. Take my most popular video for example.
358a8d014f1cb6b19a0c9920e3f43d69.png
This video currently has over 170,000 views simply because I was one of the first content creators to upload a video of this topic. Optifine had recently released a new update to the way their capes were changed, so I sniped an upload and used tags that I thought people would use when they tried to change their cape. Tags are basically keywords that people use when they search for something on YouTube. For example, for this video I used "How to change your optifine cape 2019" as a tag, because when someone types that into the youtube search bar, my video will have a higher chance of flagging up near the top of the page. Here is a screenshot of the tags I used. Keep in mind, you need to use tags that relate to the topic of your video, or your chances of getting views drastically go down.
f8b5ded0b36deb6ba788219dd905cd7a.png
As you can see, all of the tags relate to the video topic. You can download tools like Tube Buddy, (Chrome extension) that help you research tags and find out which ones best suit your video and how often they are searched. This will give you your best opportunity to get as many searches as possible!

Tip 3
Patience and Schedule

You've heard it all before. Patience. It's an annoying word isn't it? But with YouTube, it couldn't be more plain and simple. Growing involves a lot of patience and SOME luck, depending on what you do. But don't expect to see massive results within your first few uploads. You have to stay consistent, otherwise you won't grow. People subscribe to your channel because they want to see YOU. Don't disappoint them! It took me about a month to get my first 100 subscribers, and that was because I played on Jartex and got well-known throughout the server. It took me 6 months to get from 100 subs, to my first 1,000! Patience is key. Upload more, and over time you will start to see results. Just have a little faith in yourself and don't be disheartened if things don't pick up. That's the beauty of YouTube, you can keep trying new things, so if one idea doesn't work, you can always try another!

Anyways, that does it for this mini-post. If you want a part 2, let me know and I might talk about Thumbnails, Video ideas and Streams. Thanks all, and I hope this helped any smaller YouTubers out there! :D

ZoneRGH

Donator
Donator
More points be like: cooberating with other youtubers at the same range of subs as you, this would boost both channels. Or maybe have your teammates on discord voice channels while recording.

But overall, very well-written thread, and great effort.

_D0GG0

Donator
Donator
IGN
_Doggo
Agreed with ZoneRGH ZoneRGH and

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Sahviiksil

Sahviiksil

Donator
Donator
More points be like: cooberating with other youtubers at the same range of subs as you, this would boost both channels. Or maybe have your teammates on discord voice channels while recording.

But overall, very well-written thread, and great effort.
Was thinking about doing that in PART 2 ;)