Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Immortal Factions Factions Wall Repairing Genbuckets

KamikazeJAM_YT

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
KamikazeJAM_YT

What is the suggestion about?
Factions Wall Repairing Genbuckets

Description:
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this has been suggested already

Factions Wall Repairing Genbuckets:

It would be another form of gen bucket mostly cobblestone placing, maybe obsidian too. Its purpose would be to patch the wall.
Normal gen buckets stop when they hit something, but I suggest that a repairing gen bucket would go through and replace existing blocks. It would mainly replace water and existing wall blocks (think of cannons that scatter making several holes). It works like a normal gen bucket, you place it and it runs upward fixing the wall. Another optional feature would for it to stop at 255, allowing it to be easier to water the wall.

This would be useful because it would speed up the process of patching walls. I know factions who start out raiding for the purpose of blowing, taking your value, and therefore winning the map (literally every faction), but there are those factions who realize the raid is over, and therefore start firing for a different purpose. Fixing walls is a part of factions, but it should not be a multi-hour ordeal where a couple of devoted members of a faction are trying to fix the walls before the next day, and the next raid.

Lastly, I want to talk about the cost, it is entirely your decision, but I was thinking one of these repairing gen buckets could either cost a constant amount or be based on how many blocks needed repairing. For the constant amount, I was thinking 2, 3 or maybe 4 times the cost of a normal gen bucket as they are much more useful.​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This will improve Jartex factions by making the job of fixing walls less daunting. Wall repairs would be easier and faster, allowing players to spend more time enjoying the game. There would be more time for things like pvping, claiming outposts, or doing their own counter raids if wall repairing was easier. In the end, no one likes repairing walls, and while its an important part of factions, I believe there can be improvements to how we can fix walls.

Extra Information:
Just to reinforce some key points:
Objective: Gen vertically through any and all blocks, (including water!) to repair a wall with ease
Cost: More than standard gen buckets, or based on the number of changed blocks
Optional: have the gen bucket stop at 255 so walls can be watered easier (for maximum laziness)

In the end, this is your decision and this is simply a suggestion, but in my opinion, this improves factions greatly.

Hithy

Addicted Member
rly bad idea, i know it might sound biassed, but then when you mine you spawners there is no more purpose of cannoning, therefore removing this would completely ruin the fun of the game and raiding.

Cryptic

removing this would completely ruin the fun of the game and raiding.
Agreed if they mine at least you can shoot to make them patch but if they can just gen it back in 2 seconds it's a waste of time and TNT. -1

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
KamikazeJAM_YT

KamikazeJAM_YT

Donator
Donator
Agreed if they mine at least you can shoot to make them patch but if they can just gen it back in 2 seconds it's a waste of time and TNT. -1
That’s the point, we don’t want to spend 6 hours patching walls because you decided to shoot for no reason...

Hithy

Addicted Member
That’s the point, we don’t want to spend 6 hours patching walls because you decided to shoot for no reason...
i think you dont understand do you, we dont want to be wasting tnt for no reason just because you can mine spawners whilst being raided, which imo should be banable or punishable atleast

_Vault_Tec

I do not think this is a bad idea but I don't know if it would really work on Jartex