Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

Global /email confirm

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
Minecraft Username:
iFlyYT​

What is your suggestion's title?
/email confirm​

Suggestion Details:
Hey! In order to prevent people compromising other people's accounts, add a /email confirm command.
When entering the command "/email {the email}", it'll say "Hey! Are you sure you want to do this? Please note, anyone who controls this email account will then be able to change your JartexNetwork account password which can result into your account being stolen" and for them to proceed, they do /email confirm.

As /email doesn't really provide much information. It could be "hey do you want to send me an email? do /email [my email] and it'll send some funky message!" and that would simply compromise people's accounts.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
safer accounts​

UpperGround

Staff member
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
Team Events Builder
It's a very simple addition which would be extremely useful! +1

AdrianusBB

True I almost Gave away to A person my Account with this method before i got False banned

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
+1 Simple and helpful. I see no reason why this ought not to be a thing.

Unrefunded

Donator
Donator
IGN
Unrefunded
+1 It is a very simple thing that could improve the safety of the account a lot.

Mack

Donator
Donator
IGN
lpwmack_17
+1 - Prevents Hackers/Scammers to steal you're Account as stated from you.

Xerrainrin

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Xerrainrin
Hey iFlyYT,

After review your
Suggestion you've sent, I'd decide to Upvoted/+1 due to the following reason(s):
  • Really details suggestion, and I could agree on this one to avoid any risk.
  • After doing /email confirm I would suggest there's should be /emailtoggle like toggle off/on the reminder only the person verify his email can access this, not sure we can do such as thing like this, but to avoid forgetting we already /email confirm but forgotten to verify or try to resend again since after we confirm theres still some issue that /email didn't receive at us so, hope that work, but overall good suggestion.

Last edited:

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
Minecraft Username:
iFlyYT​

What is your suggestion's title?
/email confirm​

Suggestion Details:
Hey! In order to prevent people compromising other people's accounts, add a /email confirm command.​
When entering the command "/email {the email}", it'll say "Hey! Are you sure you want to do this? Please note, anyone who controls this email account will then be able to change your JartexNetwork account password which can result into your account being stolen" and for them to proceed, they do /email confirm.​
As /email doesn't really provide much information. It could be "hey do you want to send me an email? do /email [my email] and it'll send some funky message!" and that would simply compromise people's accounts.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
safer accounts​
Suggestion - Upvoted

Hey iFlyYT! After reviewing your suggestion i decided to up vote it (+1) since this will improve the accounts security and protection

Absprache

Donator
Donator
+1!

Opened forums to make this suggestion myself, yesterday a ranked guy in kitpvp pretended to be interested in my buycraft deal, claiming to be an alt of another person (who was my friend). The way he almost stole my account was told me to send him an email, such as /email (his email) (message). I almost believed him until he said something which my friend wouldnt say, so I figured what was happening by then.