Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Discord Discord Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
Minecraft Username:
WildAbbee​

What is your suggestion's title?
Discord Reports​

Suggestion Details:
There should be a section for jartex discord related reports on the forums. Either under Chat reports, or an entirely new section. While you could DM the proof to a staff member, the only staff that can ban on discord usually don't reply to DMs often. A full screenshot of the message and a second showing the id of the user is enough proof imo.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Reduce rulebreakers on discord, reduce toxicity​

kaivalya

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
hello abbee I dont like you
But I like this suggestion and would like it to be implemented

Please make it more detailed tho, I really dont want this to get denied

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
WildAbbee

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
hello abbee I dont like you
But I like this suggestion and would like it to be implemented

Please make it more detailed tho, I really dont want this to get denied
please like me i dont want to be banned but i guess im 18 so thats probably why you don't like me

what "more detail" do you want

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
It is a good idea but people can easily fake evidence as roda stated in a suggestion that was denied

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
WildAbbee

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
It is a good idea but people can easily fake evidence as roda stated in a suggestion that was denied
"A full screenshot of the message and a second showing the id of the user is enough proof imo."
this would be harder to fake than the requirements for a chat report. there is almost certainly discord chat logs that staff members can access (unlike ingame chat where i believe only roda and devs can check it)

Mo_oC

Addicted Member
IGN
Mo_oC
"A full screenshot of the message and a second showing the id of the user is enough proof imo."
this would be harder to fake than the requirements for a chat report. there is almost certainly discord chat logs that staff members can access (unlike ingame chat where i believe only roda and devs can check it)
Then it is a whole alot of work for the devs. [Discord Report] -----> Dev checks ------> Checks chat logs -------> check the proof -------> mute....
[Discord Report] -----> Dev checks ------> Checks chat logs -------> check the proof -------> mute.... x100 [Dev :(]

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
Instead of doing it on the Forums, it would be better if it was a command on Discord as you could include message links that would show the message content which means the evidence cannot be faked.

With that being said, I'll be leaving Neutral on this suggestion due to the fact that it seems a bit ridiculous to go to the Forums in order to report someone on Discord where you can do that on Discord.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
WildAbbee

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
Then it is a whole alot of work for the devs. [Discord Report] -----> Dev checks ------> Checks chat logs -------> check the proof -------> mute....
[Discord Report] -----> Dev checks ------> Checks chat logs -------> check the proof -------> mute.... x100 [Dev :(]
staff would be the ones checking chat logs, not devs?

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
WildAbbee

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
Instead of doing it on the Forums, it would be better if it was a command on Discord as you could include message links that would show the message content which means the evidence cannot be faked.

With that being said, I'll be leaving Neutral on this suggestion due to the fact that it seems a bit ridiculous to go to the Forums in order to report someone on Discord where you can do that on Discord.
and what if the user deletes their message? for minor violations like swearing yeah its np if they delete and don't get punished, but what if you like doxxed someone and deleted it before a staff could handle the report? that's why reporting via user id is better imo

forums already has all the code for reports done, you'd have to make an entire system for discord though. and as i mentioned in my post, yes you can dm a staff, but its more than likely you either get ghosted or your message gets forgotten before it makes its way to someone who can actually ban

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
and what if the user deletes their message? for minor violations like swearing yeah its np if they delete and don't get punished, but what if you like doxxed someone and deleted it before a staff could handle the report? that's why reporting via user id is better imo

forums already has all the code for reports done, you'd have to make an entire system for discord though. and as i mentioned in my post, yes you can dm a staff, but its more than likely you either get ghosted or your message gets forgotten before it makes its way to someone who can actually ban
Fair point but..

If slash commands are ever a thing, Jartex could do a command such as "/report [user id] [rule]" and then it would copy the past 50 messages in the Discord server and then send a embed to a staff channel, for the report, and then also send thru the file there. Meaning deleting it wouldn't do anything and if they deleted it before, logs can just be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.