Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Defining a good staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidva

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Dear community,

I'd like to define what a good staff application is from my point of view. Lately it has come to my notice that a lot of people clearly have no idea what they're commenting under staff applications. Lack of effort, lack of details, you name it. They're throwing these terms around without understanding what makes a good application.

Do you need to write 2000 words to be detailed? Or to show effort? Is age just a number?

I'd like to answer the question what a good applicant must have. First off, I've seen way to many people saying lack of effort on applications. This was most likely because the applicant didn't write beyond 1K words. It's quite simple. You don't need to write a book to have a good application it's about what you say. People here tend to up vote on a 2K words application when the person is saying things twice or more. This makes no sense at all. Some of the questions can be answered in 1 or 2 sentences. That should be enough as long what the person is saying is good. I rather see a short sharp written application over a long application with a lot of repetitions.

In my own opinion I think it's even better to have a short clear answers with relevant information because that shows your capability of short word of a message. For me this is definitely a plus especially when the person is going to help people throught chat.

Lack of detail comes along with lack of effort for a big part. It's not about how much, it's about what they are saying. As long the information is clear and relevant for the viewer it's good enough.

About age, age matters for sure. Yes maturity matters more but that doesn't mean age doesn't matter at all. Imagine asking your 13 year old brother to go watch your 20 year old brother. There is a huge difference in thoughts, perception and way they react and handle things. Especially as a staff you can be flooded by dogshit from people. Older people learned how to handle such situations way better than a 13/14 year old.

For everyone the age line is different. I'd say a mature 15/16 year old should be able to become staff while proving himself along the line.

Lastly, staff experience really is an issue. It's very easy to lie about and I've seen staff being accepted like that throughout the years. I don't trust people to much about staff experience unless I know them well. People here tend to fall for it quite a lot. Besides lies there are a lot of inexperienced applicants which people don't seem to see as a big issue but give a fat -1 because of lack of effort, as far that's reasonable.

It's like asking someone to come help you but he doesn't know what to do. I'd prefer someone who was independently working with me rather than a newbie. This consideration seems to be kind of forgotten.

I hope I gave you all a better understanding about what a good application should looks like. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.