Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

Prison Crown Revolution

SuperMariobrine

Addicted Member
Minecraft Username:
SuperMariobrine

What is your suggestion's title?
Crown Revolution

Suggestion Details:
I have always felt the crowns needed a re-evaluation, several of them have perks that don't make sense because some of them have PvP stats mixed with mining related stats. People will only wear a crown for it's most appealing attribute, What's the point of adding damage reduction to a crown that has a perk that will be more frequently used in mining or a Token boost to a crown that is only used in PvP?
There should be a set of PvP specific crowns and then a set of Mining oriented crowns. I reworked the abilities of the crowns so that they are more balanced and consistent, while also giving each crown a hook(defining perk) so that each crown will have an advantage over the other crowns. This will prompt more varying strategies and cycling between them so we aren't clinging to just one or two specific crowns, then we can combo our favorite crown(s) with our attributable gear(I also made sure that every crown has a different color that works in-game):
Old Crowns
(&c)Ruby Crown: Deal +5% more damage to enemies on fire, Receive 5% less damage, Immunity to special PvP enchantments (like Hex, Voodoo, & Freeze)

(
&9)Sapphire Crown: Boosts Experience by 1.75x, Gain 2x Skills exp, Gain 1.5x Quest exp

(
&d)Opal Crown: Deal +5% more damage to blinded targets, Gain Absorption V at 5 hearts for 30 seconds, goes on cooldown for 1 minute

(&f)Quartz Crown(replaces Moonstone): Gain 2x Fruit Drops, 10% chance to gain 2000 experience from harvesting fruits

(
&e)Citrine Crown: Deal +10% more damage while blind, Receive 8% less damage while blind, Gain Speed III

(
&6)Golden Crown(replaces Gambler): Boosts Money by 1.75x, +5% chance of double drops from crates, doubles the chance of the Key Finder enchantment finding keys

(
&5)Soul Crown: Gain 3x Soul Gems in the Soul Cave, Gain Resistance II, 20% chance of Extra Soul Cave Mob drops(2-4)

New Crowns

(&0)Obsidian Crown: Receive 15% less damage, Gain Slowness II, +100% increased helmet durability

(
&8)Netherite Crown: Deal +5% more damage to targets with the Weakness effect, Gain Health Boost I (+4 max health Points, so the wearer will have 24 health total)

(
&2)Emerald Crown: Increases Pickaxe Gem Boost Rates by +10.0, Gain 2x Pickaxe Level exp, Boosts Tokens by 2.0x

(
&3)Prismarine Crown: Boosts Beacons by 1.5x, 5% chance to find Star Crates from Treasure Chests

(
&b)Diamond Crown: Deal +8% damage to targets with Speed, Removes Speed from the wearer, Gain Resistance III at 5 hearts for 10 seconds, goes on cooldown for 1 minute

(
&4)Redstone Crown: Gain Speed VI briefly(1 second) when struck by Lightning, Receive 8% less damage, Deal +5% more damage

(
&a)Endstone Crown: Gain Haste III, +20% chance for Pets to activate, 30% chance of finding Lucky Mining Boxes while mining

(
&1)Lapis Crown: 7% chance while mining to pop a random 3.0x booster for 1 minute, goes on cooldown for 3 minutes before another can be found

(
&7)Iron Crown: 20% chance to Inflict Wither III & Mining Fatigue II on attackers for 4 seconds, Receive 10% less damage

Optional: Every PvP related crown increases helmet durability by +15%

The Fancy Coronater

I've always thought that the Mysteryman being the singular source for crowns felt a rather unfair, because not only when a crown does appear which is either once, twice or never, it is usually only 1 or 2 kinds that repeat in new stocks because of RNG, so other crowns never appear. On top of that he sells about 3 of them and that stock refreshes every 2 hours, and then because people can camp for the Mysteryman and buy all of the crowns(which tends to be one type), that one player or those related can hoard a dozen of those crowns for themselves, leaving no chance for other players to obtain crowns.

I have a different way of obtaining crowns, which won't involve the Mystery Man. Only once a day on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, each player can buy a Mystery Crown Chest from a new NPC, The Fancy Coronater, for 5000 Dark Soul Gems. The voucher will give the buyer a random Crown when redeemed(All Crowns have the same % chance to be obtained, there shouldn't any single crown that's harder or easier to obtain than the rest).

Just a heads up, the player's account must be linked to discord to prevent alt farming. I priced the voucher this way on purpose so that it's a challenge to obtain the crowns even from a source that is very fairly available(finally giving more purpose to
Dark Soul Gems), and there won't be superfluous amounts of a single crown.

As a QoL feature,
The Fancy Coronator will also have a book in his GUI to click on that explains what they want for crowns, when during the week they will be available, and lists all of the crowns with their abilities. I want players to be able to see what the NPC is about without needing to get the Dark Soul Cave Ticket first so that they have something to look forward to and gain motivation to go for the ticket, linking their accounts prevents just anybody from buying from the NPC with Dark Soul Gems(similar to how quests can be viewed but not completed unless our accounts are linked).

Another feature which would be nice though I don't know if it's possible, is that the player's nameplate changes to match the color of the crown that they are wearing, so it provides an obvious indicator of which crown a player is using.

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
This rebalances the Crowns' abilities to have consistent purposes while also adding new Crowns with interesting new abilities, and a brand new way to obtain them that requires going to the Dark Soul Cave, giving it another purpose and a way that anybody proper can obtain them.

Extra Information:
Please do NOT turn this into normal soul gems, the Dark Soul gems have so little purpose as they are now and this feature caters towards giving them another purpose, similar to how Soul Gems could also be used to buy inmates and not just in the Soulshop.
Also several of the PvP crowns have abilities that go on cooldown instead of only activating at a really low chance, because those kinds of abilities are extremely hard to judge and most of the time never activate before a fight ends, leading to us believing they don't work, so I figured giving these abilities guaranteed activation with a cooldown will solidify their effectiveness in PvP while also being able to actually see when they activate so we can strategize better. I also didn't add Regeneration to any of the crowns because enchanted golden apples are extremely common in this game, we always use those in PvP so any regeneration lower than 5 is useless to us, and strength is also redundant.

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
SuperMariobrine

SuperMariobrine

Addicted Member
I never played when crowns were in the game so idk
Nope, they aren't soulbound, they were tradable when they in the game. Like I said above, there won't be superfluous amounts of a single crown anyway because of how I set it up so people will either use what they get or be conservative with the rare crown that they found.