Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Change trials and helpers into "volunteers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendiac

Addicted Member
This opinion might be hated, but many trials and helpers are not helpful.
Stay with me before quitting so fast.

Trials and helpers mostly just performs as chat mods. Worse of all, sometime they are AFK.
Certainly, trials and helpers help a lot on banning hackers, but it can be done as players.
Therefore, it's best if an awesome chat plug-in is implemented, then there is almost no need for trials and helpers. Even as players, they can answer questions, handle situations, and ban hackers by reporting. They can get a tag but not permissions to warn/mute/ban players. However, if a certain volunteer(s) is really good, then they would be asked to be actually in staff team (a.k.a. promote, or finishing internship).

Nonetheless, if a better chat plug-in can not be implemented, then the volunteers will have the perks as chat mods, to handle out spammers, players who use caps, haters, or advertisers.

The point is to make the people feel more closer to be the one who can help others.
This can solve potential/hidden problems as staffs (getting hate for mis-warn/unreasonable warns, annoying beggars, and such), so that the staffs wouldn't have to use /vanish so often, which make the server often seems like there's no staffs to help out. Lowering the powers allow the population of volunteers, who can actually help to increase.

TL;DR: There is no need to be a staff because you can report hackers, handle situations, answer questions, and such. But there will still need to be staffs who view the reports, so the volunteers will be promoted to join these teams of reports & appeals, suggestions, bugs, and such.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Legendiac

Legendiac

Addicted Member
Trial can only warning players or help in chat

but you can't give to a trial a perms to /ban or /mute- trials can abuse these powers
(I am not sure but maybe trials have perms to kick a player)

I mean using it to bad things: trial A fight vs player A in fps arena in skyblock, when trial A is have a low health, he will ban player A,
then player A log out while in combat so player A will lose his items

I think that this is why trials won't get perms to /ban or /mute

so it's -1 from me

If trials will have big powers, they can use it to do bad things

I think you deeply misread
I am speaking of removing these "big powers"

x o n e

you mean giving volunteer rank to players that do help banning hackers / people on the forums or in discord
if thats the case then i might agree
staying neutral for now

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Legendiac

Legendiac

Addicted Member
you mean giving volunteer rank to players that do help banning hackers / people on the forums or in discord
if thats the case then i might agree
staying neutral for now

No, I mean removing helpers and trials, because they are not really helpful, all they just do is doing as chat mod.
All players can report hackers, there's no point.
Unless you are really good then you would be promoted and then join the team where you can check reports and ban.
"Volunteer" have no perks, but if they want they can give them the perks, but it is best to use a better chat plug-in.
All players before becoming staffs can still handle the situations, answer questions, solve problems and report hackers (or even help people build...?).

The reason why I suggest this because it can make staff team seems closer to the people + the population of people who can help will increase + less feel of staff absences (very often people find that there's no people who can help them).

x o n e

No, I mean removing helpers and trials, because they are not really helpful, all they just do is doing as chat mod.
All players can report hackers, there's no point.
Unless you are really good then you would be promoted and then join the team where you can check reports and ban.
"Volunteer" have no perks, but if they want they can give them the perks, but it is best to use a better chat plug-in.
All players before becoming staffs can still handle the situations, answer questions, solve problems and report hackers (or even help people build...?).

The reason why I suggest this because it can make staff team seems closer to the people + the population of people who can help will increase + less feel of staff absences (very often people find that there's no people who can help them).
maybe add in this:
Chatmod rank
and Trial is kept for chatmod
and depending on someone's skill / experience, he's promoted from trial to TMod and from tmod to mod
??

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Legendiac

Legendiac

Addicted Member
maybe add in this:
Chatmod rank
and Trial is kept for chatmod
and depending on someone's skill / experience, he's promoted from trial to TMod and from tmod to mod
??

Certainly, there would be chat mod if there is not any better chat plug-in.
But still adding volunteers who want to help.

MyNameIsCaptain

Addicted Member
This opinion might be hated,but I think you aren't right.
Reporting a player can take time,staff handles it instantly.
Trials are on a testing period,seeing if they can handle helper.
Not everyone can record,nor report. So not everyone can just get rid of a hacker,they need staff.
Chat filters can be messed up as they will find a way to go around the rules,staff are people and can actually check it.
Our trials and helpers also help people on the forums/discord.
What I see (as said opinion ↑) is a salty ex trial who never made it to helper,so he doesnt know what to properly do as staff and therefor think they are useless.
Thanks.

Just_A_Builduuur

Donator
Donator
Not everyone can record,nor report. So not everyone can just get rid of a hacker,they need staff.
Chat filters can be messed up as they will find a way to go around the rules,staff are people and can actually check it.
What I see (as said opinion ↑) is a salty ex trial who never made it to helper,so he doesnt know what to properly do as staff and therefor think they are useless.
Thanks.

Ok I read it again XD

and I agree with captain
I trials and helpers are helping me a lot with problems (Suhayl Tweef and more)

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Legendiac

Legendiac

Addicted Member
Thanks.
Ok I read it again XD

and I agree with captain
I trials and helpers are helping me a lot with problems (Suhayl Tweef and more)

That's what I mean tho...
trials and helpers aren't demoted, they just change to volunteers, they can either be chat mods or simple volunteers that can help answering question, handling out situations.
As for hackers, like I said, if certain volunteer is very good, then they can be promoted to actual team to join the banning part.

Status
Not open for further replies.