Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

cactus farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_W

Addicted Member
What is cactus farm?
I assume you meant Automatic/AFK cactus farm, so it's basically a systematic farm of cactus with a design that automatically harvest the grown cactus. How does it works? Let me explain it below!

The best design of cactus farm and how it works?
So, let's take a quick look on the photo below provided by AutumnBomb1111 AutumnBomb1111
1611539382103.png
This is so far, the most space-efficient and redstoneless design for cactus farm. So, basically cactus unique mechanism is that if there is a block beside it, it will broke. That's why it was aligned diagonally, and the 2nd layer diagonal will take place above the holes, so if the cactus below grows up it will instantly broken because of the sands beside the 2nd height of the cactus. Because sand can fall, place strings below it right on the holes (besides the cactus) to hold the sand, and why strings? because it won't break cactus, and probably the cheapest item that can do so.

How do I make it?
So you already know the best design, and just build it exactly as the design right? Well, for SBD there is some mechanism that you will need to know:
1. Materials
In case you don't know, sands can be brought from /shop>Building Blocks for relatively cheap price.
String can be obtained from breaking cobwebs with a sword, as well as by the pushing of cobwebs by pistons and when water flows over cobwebs. Meanwhile cobwebs can be brought from /shop>Miscelanous.
You should have one cactus when starting island, so just place it on a sand and harvest it manually at first. If you started the farm, you can expand it with harvested cactus. Or, buy it from /shop>Food&Farming.

2. Position in a chunk
For efficiency purpose, make sure to make the whole farm in one chunk. You can use latest version of minecraft and do F3+G to check chunk borders. Now I don't know how about others, but in my experience the farm stop working unless a player is within the chunk, so keep that in mind. About y level, you can build the farm from y level 0 to 256, and make sure to leave some space for a storage room within the chunk.

3. Cactus growing/harvesting mechanism
Now, if you just built the farm, at first it will seems to be not working. That's normal, usually you need to wait/afk some hours before it started to work. I don't know the exact time needed for it before it started to work, it probably needs 2-3 hours or more. If you can't afk with your main account, you can just make an alt account to afk there.
Now the unique thing about afk cactus farm, is that one cactus produces 16 cactuses once every hour. It don't produce one by one, but 16 cactus at a time every hour.

4. Collecting, Storage, and Selling Mechanism
For collecting, you can buy one crop hopper (You just need one) from /shop>Redstone, then place it anywhere within the same chunk. Whenever cactus got harvested, it will automatically collected by (or 'teleported' into) crop hopper.
For storage, you can either connect the crop hopper to a chest&hoppers system, or buy a crop chest from /shop>Redstone. Crop chest will automatically receive the collected cactus from crop hopper within the same chunk. (Tips: You don't need 2 crop chest to make one large crop chest, just place 1 crop chest and one normal chest together, and it will work)
For selling, the fastest I am using is making a chest shop signs. How to make a chest shop? Click here
You can use your alt to buy from the shop then resell it in /shop>Food&Farming, or make a profit shops. (Info: Your inventory can hold up to 2304 items and sell price for 2304 cactus in /shop are 9216). You can also use sellwands to quickly sell those chests.

5. Additional info
- You can make and use an alt account to afk and sell the cactus while doing something else with your main account.
- It will take hours of works and money (Prob around 4m, not including the crop hoppers/chests) to make a full chunk cactus farm.
- Idk why, but for me you need to afk within the same chunk for it to work.
- Be careful not to fall when building, if you landed on the side of the farm and die, your items will drop.
- For an example, you can visit my island ./is v McraftMaster (The farm not yet done tho :v)

Ugh, I was planning to write shortly but ended up an essay. That's all I know about cactus farm, Feel free if there is any other questions or correction/addition to my "essay". Hope it helps, and good luck ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.