Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Event ❖ Build Event V4 ❖

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_MC

Donator
Donator
My 1st keypoint is my most important one which is “The seasons have stood for the same set of meanings. Spring has to do with childhood and youth, summer with adulthood and romance and fulfillment and passion, autumn with the decline and middle age and tiredness but also harvest, winter with old age and resentment and death.” It basically means that each season is different from each other, and each season can establish a different meaning in the literature. Foster compares the seasons with emotions and how the use of emotions builds up the character.

My 2nd keypoint is In literature, “Sometimes the season isn’t mentioned specifically” and you must use the context to figure it out. Sometimes in the literature, you have the dig deeper and use clues to figure out the context. For example, Foster uses the example “After Apple-Picking”. At first, glance when looking at that, you might wonder what does that even means, but if you dig deeper into it, you can find out that it's talking about harvesting apples and you usually harvest in fall. we can use that to find out the deeper meaning of that context which is he is talking about Autumn.

My 3rd keypoint is Happiness and dissatisfaction have their seasons. In most literature, seasons have a similar meaning, but it can portray a different meaning such as tone or the emotions that the characters in the literature are feeling.

My 4th keypoint is “Every writer can make these modifications in his or her use of the seasons, and the variation produced keeps seasonal symbolism fresh and interesting”. Writers aren’t obligated to use the same meanings of the seasons since there are many symbols within each season. Meaning of summer in most literature is adulthood and romance and fulfillment and passion, but instead of using summer straightforwardly, authors can use summer ironically.

My final key point is “Seasons can work magic on us, and writers can work magic with seasons. Seasons usually mean something to people, so writers put that meaning into their work. Authors intentionally put seasons in the literature to have a meaning behind it.

For my literal example, I used the book called A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare The title of the play tells us that the play is associated with summer because it has summer in the title. Summer symbolizes Adulthood, Romance, Passion, and throughout the play, we can see that the summer in the title correlates with the symbol of summer.

for my pop culture example, I used the movie called up. The first part of the movie shows two kids growing up and becoming a couple. The movie shows different seasons, and each season has a different tone and age. The couples go through childhood, romance, hardships, and eventually death of the wife, and afterward, it has a sad mood.

To summarize it all, each season has its meaning, and the meaning of these seasons mostly always will have the same set of meanings, but sometimes it can be different. Each season plays a big role in the literature because each season can be used to express the character's emotions, personality, or tone. The author uses seasons in the literature to create irony, contrast, and feeling.
k

Yanique1

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports