Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Discord Auto Deleting Certain Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilElite

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
LilElite​

What is the suggestion about?
Auto Deleting Certain Messages​

Description:
Recently while I was on the Discord server, I noticed that the word 'pussy' gets automatically deleted whenever someone sends it.

I do not understand why this word is set to get automatically deleted as it's not really a "bad word".

I wanted to make this suggestion because I have seen people say much more severe words than the big bad P word. People can freely say the N word, hard R and everything. That's until a staff member eventually shows up and punishes the person who says it.

Examples of words people can technically send right now: ( no auto delete )

- nigga
- nigger

and much more.

I feel like words such as the ones I stated above should be set to auto delete whenever somebody sends them. Racist terms, etc. should be set to auto delete. I am aware that staff members have access to the logs and therefore they can punish the people who happen to break the rules. Alternative way and a much easier way is to set so that the bot automatically punishes the person who says the word. I have seen certain people get away with saying such words.

If what I have stated above is not possible, I suggest removing the big bad P word from the filter as it doesn't really make sense.​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
It will help remove unnecessary bot filters and add actual "bad words" to the filter.​

Extra Information:
Thank you very much.

#JartexGang!​

The_W

Addicted Member
+1
People will actually still bypass it, but at least it can reduce the amount or impact.
Tips: If really want to reduce the bypassing, staffs should get more creative and keeps adding every single combination possible to the filter (Careful many normal words might got blocked)

G

Gusto

Tips: If really want to reduce the bypassing, staffs should get more creative and keeps adding every single combination possible to the filter (Careful many normal words might got blocked)
bypassing is already punishable on discord and you can get muted for it.

fat_fad

Donator
Donator
IGN
fat_fad
+1
but staff (Trials) won't be able to grind/punish by then lol

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
LilElite

LilElite

Donator
Donator
+1
People will actually still bypass it, but at least it can reduce the amount or impact.
Thank you very much for the +1! šŸ”„
bypassing is already punishable on discord and you can get muted for it.
Bypassing is punishable everywhere, but why is the p word getting auto deleted while people can say much worse words? If it's like that, then what's the point of having a filter? Thanks for the comment tho! šŸ™Œ
+1
but staff (Trials) won't be able to grind/punish by then lol
Thank you very much for the +1!
I do understand that the staff members won't get to punish manually if it's set to auto punish. But at the same time, I'm sure that having some sort of auto moderation would help them focus more on other important things rather than keeping an eye out for stuff like this. ;)

Swervinng

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Let's be real. Aren't people always trying to bypass the rules? It's not just this they are bypassing. I've seen people typing the P word like "p u s s y" with spaces and it won't get deleted. Either remove this filter or add actual severe words to the filter is my suggestion.
Screenshot_2020-12-19-13-38-12-62.jpg
There wasn't any staff member watching the chat yesterday so, no-one got muted lol.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
LilElite

LilElite

Donator
Donator
View attachment 11733
There wasn't any staff member watching the chat yesterday so, no-one got muted lol.
It's their duty to keep an eye on the chat. I honestly don't know how the word "pussy" is punishable unless it's directed towards somebody or unless a person use it in an 'inappropriate' way. Because the word "pussy" means cat. However, I do understand that the word "d**k" should be punishable and it's already in the filter.

Last edited:

Mykkull

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
+1
Good suggestion! But yeah sometimes they do bypass it and it's really annoying.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
LilElite

LilElite

Donator
Donator
+1
Good suggestion! But yeah sometimes they do bypass it and it's really annoying.
Thanks for the +1 Mykkull Mykkull ! People will always try to bypass. It is what it is. But there are things that they can do to reduce it.

fat_fad

Donator
Donator
IGN
fat_fad
Thank you very much for the +1!
I do understand that the staff members won't get to punish manually if it's set to auto punish. But at the same time, I'm sure that having some sort of auto moderation would help them focus more on other important things rather than keeping an eye out for stuff like this. ;)
aha.. true tho I haven't thought about that .. i like the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.