Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Appeals are fundamentally flawed

ZoneRGH (moderator)'s post '[READ BEFORE APPEALING] How To Make Your Appeal Appealing' does not make any sense.
Got punished over something you regret doing?
This starts with the assumption that you have actually done whatever you were banned/muted for, which is not the reason appeals exist. (the whole point is for people who haven't some something to post evidence)
Buying an unban/unmute ain't in your options? Wishing to get back to playing with your friends?
This is against the commercial usage terms of service in 'servers and hosting.'
BE HONEST
Unfortunately, the vast majority of people nowadays are more likely to complain and make up excuses for their own faults. Half-honesty is no different than lying. Foolish people truthfully think you could possibly lie to a person who has the easiest & fastest ways to check and reveal the truth. Even though Minecraft is full of young players, but infantile behavior like this won't get you anywhere but more trouble, whether on MC or in life. This however represents an immature personality and low self-esteem.
On the other hand, what you really should be doing is simply telling the truth. Confessing your mistake and what you have done is the key to approval. Demonstrate every point of the incident in detail; from what happened before the punishment, during the punishment, and after it. If you have been recording at that time, it would be in your best interest to support your claims.
Why encourage people to submit fake appeals?
SEEK PARDON
All of us do appreciate that one person who comes apologizing and seeking understanding. Most of the time, we do not expect this to occur, as our impression received from that person is still stagnant and not changed. That's exactly what's happening in our case - staff would seldom encounter a punished player to apologize. Therefore, approving an appeal for someone who has pretty much learned from their mistake is the way to go. Moreover, if you think by apologizing profusely you're showing weakness or anything, then I'm afraid you're in need of more maturity, which leads us to our next move.
Idk man seems kinda xenophobic
BE MATURE
-> In algorithms, the first step in solving a problem is recognizing it. <- How are you expecting from an appeal full of blames, complaints, and probably toxicity to have any light among all the darkness around? Could bumping your appeal and tagging every staff on it present anything but harm your chances even more? Wouldn't it have been much better to have the courage to show acceptance of any decision the staff is going to make?
This is the true potential of a person that's well-deserved of a second chance. Show them you take full responsibility for all your actions. Furthermore, lingering on things doesn't end well, keep in mind that your sentences may still be impeachable in others' eyes regardless of your estimation of them. If you acknowledge that maturity is just about age, well, who would be ready to plunge into the adulthood stage where you have to pretend you know what you're doing?!
I have wondered enough why ZoneRGH has posted this to type this out, but they typed out 4 paragraphs and still didn't recognize the problem with this, it doesn't tell you anything about how to actually format appeals (even though it is intuitive). It explains how to make appeals appealing, but not how to make real appeals.

BE CONTENTED & PERSUASIVE
-> Most people appeal to get a complete unmute/unban instantaneously <- , but one thing that can make your appeal more appealing is to strive for the least. State it out loud that you are striving for a reduction to your punishment and not necessarily a removal. This way you would look contented & satisfied with any result, and the staff would be more likely to understand lowering the punishment. Build up ur sentences gradually to not miss the point. But also keep it straight and briefed, no need for stories about how your brother installed illegal stuff without you knowing. English is a dynamic language, select your words accurately to prevent any misunderstanding, take into consideration the tone of your language and what feelings your words will deliver to the reader. Don't expect an approval if you are in rage. In short, just make sure to deliver any idea you have in mind the same way the other person would receive it.
If you do not expect to get a complete unmute/unban instantly you should not be making an appeal. The attitude taken towards appeals is reflected by the amount of cheaters on the server. (also, i know English is a dynamic language, but please spellcheck something for a semi-large server when the point you are trying to make is to prevent misunderstandings)

Thekillerwolf55

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Thekillerwolf55
if you have anything to suggest i think you can suggest it to zone by yourself instead of creating a post. I think most of the people appealing are either cheaters or rule breaker so the whole post is about that but if you are innocent you have to gather facts that prove your innocence by yourself not by zone

Thekillerwolf55

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Thekillerwolf55
this post is to help them get better understanding on how to appeal and what staff expects from you because majority of people break rules or cheat and every one of them appeals which is why its for them to help them get unbanned/unmuted

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
ZoneRGH (moderator)'s post '[READ BEFORE APPEALING] How To Make Your Appeal Appealing' does not make any sense.

This starts with the assumption that you have actually done whatever you were banned/muted for, which is not the reason appeals exist. (the whole point is for people who haven't some something to post evidence)

I have wondered enough why ZoneRGH has posted this to type this out, but they typed out 4 paragraphs and still didn't recognize the problem with this, it doesn't tell you anything about how to actually format appeals (even though it is intuitive). It explains how to make appeals appealing, but not how to make real appeals.

If you do not expect to get a complete unmute/unban instantly you should not be making an appeal. The attitude taken towards appeals is reflected by the amount of cheaters on the server. (also, i know English is a dynamic language, but please spellcheck something for a semi-large server when the point you are trying to make is to prevent misunderstandings)
hi there! yes you are correct that appeals are meant to be for unjustified punishments, however, you missed a critical detail: staff ego - how are they going to fuel their ego without forcing (sometimes) innocent players to apologise for breaking the rules!

ZoneRGH

Donator
Donator
It was a question which ended with a question mark, not an assumption.
If you're not the one who got yourself muted/banned, then who is?
(unless it's an anticheat false ban)

As you might have noticed, the guide was written during a period where buying an unban was a legitimate action.

Their lack of honesty about being fully responsible for their actions of breaking the rules.

Apologizing is never xenophobic. It is the exact opposite.

it doesn't tell you anything about how to actually format appeals (even though it is intuitive). It explains how to make appeals appealing, but not how to make real appeals.
It should be intuitive, but it's not. I wrote it because I was disappointed in what people write, and now I accept their appeals with barely a few words written, being more lenient than I should be.
Also, why is there a difference between appeals that are appealing and real appeals?

If you do not expect to get a complete unmute/unban instantly you should not be making an appeal. The attitude taken towards appeals is reflected by the amount of cheaters on the server.
Some do state bluntly in their appeals that they'd rather have their punishment reduced than remain permanent. Whether the result of an appeal should be a removal or a reduction is a different story that needs a whole thread for discussion.

staff ego - how are they going to fuel their ego without forcing (sometimes) innocent players to apologise for breaking the rules!
No one is forced to do anything here. Apologizing is not for the staff-member to fuel anything, at least that's not what I meant when I wrote it. It is essentially for the cheater to not repeat their rule-breaking, which in the vast majority of the cases they're not innocent of doing.

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
This used to be a thing, not anymore, idk when the thread was made so its not updated since then.

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee

As you might have noticed, the guide was written during a period where buying an unban was a legitimate action.

Their lack of honesty about being fully responsible for their actions of breaking the rules.

It should be intuitive, but it's not. I wrote it because I was disappointed in what people write, and now I accept their appeals with barely a few words written, being more lenient than I should be.
Also, why is there a difference between appeals that are appealing and real appeals?

Some do state bluntly in their appeals that they'd rather have their punishment reduced than remain permanent. Whether the result of an appeal should be a removal or a reduction is a different story that needs a whole thread for discussion.

No one is forced to do anything here. Apologizing is not for the staff-member to fuel anything, at least that's not what I meant when I wrote it. It is essentially for the cheater to not repeat their rule-breaking, which in the vast majority of the cases they're not innocent of doing.
you are being racist, please correct your behaviour

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
snoopchallenge
Except the whole post is about the people who have done what they got punished for and there is no other post for people to explain how to format evidence (e.g videos)
Couldn't figure out to phrase it better but no I didnt get muted/banned
You wouldn't have to deal with a lack of honesty if there were no false appeals in the first place
This is specifically referring to the 'Foreign language' rule in the jartex global rules
If they are "real" appeals, then it shouldn't be thought of as lenient to accept them (provided they have put evidence)
There is a difference because most servers will not accept appeals when the person has done whatever they are banned/muted for (sorry for phrasing), unlike jartex.
I am slightly confused by this because if you were falsely banned/muted why would you expect a reduction of your punishment (provided you have evidence), there should be no discussion that false mutes or bans should be removed and not reduced. However, I wrote this with the assumption that most people thought "true" punishments should not change so I created a poll in server discussion for this.

I agree with everything not quoted

• Agree
Reactions: Yuu
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
snoopchallenge

Thought this would have more support for removing/replacing from staff considering that no reports without evidence means less reports to sift through