Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Again. Here's another argument why's STRENGTH pots are killing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear. I just encounter the most ridiculous raid in my 4 months of playing. Literally ending the game within seconds is really dumb and very stupid. It's ridiculous. I thought of the idea of doing the pots myself to counteract it, however, it's really difficult because of lack of skill level and the sheer number of them with strength pots that can instantly kill you. Making you frustrated as the health of your nexus evaporates instantly. Not even a chance to even fight back.

It's really frustrating. Especially those who are new and aren't really good at the game. They should still feel like they're contributing. Helping the team regardless of their skill level, but the fact that this strat literally overpowers them even with top gear is so ridiculous. It's even more frustrating trying your best to counter with the best of your knowledge and skill level, and you can't even do anything.

Actually, when you come to think of it. The strat isn't really the problem, it's more like the lack of options or someway to gain an advantage for the defender can do? There isn't a counter to this dumb strat. No. There isn't any to my knowledge and experience. However, maybe you could, but, it requires tons of cooperation within the team that's simply impossible at the current state of the game in order to even prevent this strat. Unless of course, you're in a Discord with someone. And most of the players probably use the default kit, including me, so we can't really find a way to counter it. Absolutely no chance whatsoever.

I already suggested having a buff to the defenders if their Nexus gets damaged by 25% in a quick time frame. A fighting chance. Allowing the people to have at least some hope or even an actual effect in their defending. Or even debuff the attackers with Slowness, Hunger, or Poison. Atleast anything to give the defender an advantage in which they don't have if this strat is being used.

I might send this to the suggestion thing or whatever it is. But I would like to refine the idea or at least getting new ideas to fix the problem. I already know there's another topic, but I just want to get this problem more attention. It's really stupid. I want this strat gone or at least in some sense nerf it so that people can use this strat, but ALLOWING PEOPLE HAVING AN ACTUAL CHANCE OF FIGHTING BACK. Because with this strat it's ez win, so this needs to be addressed.

XxJoshuaQwertyxX

There is a defense to people using Str II potions. Make other potions to counter it! Whenever I come across another player using strength potions, the best way I have seen over the years to counter them is by giving them a taste of their own medicine. Make Splash Potions of POISEN. If you make it correctly it should last for a minute and cause them to retreat, as it slowly drains their health to 1 leaving them vulnerable for a good 1 minute. Trust me when I say that throwing that potion directly at them, could cause them to even leave the game out of frustration, (learned from experience). While I do think Strength II is a bit OP, it is easily counter-able with harmful potions and with the right strategy.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
FishHeadphones
There is a defense to people using Str II potions. Make other potions to counter it! Whenever I come across another player using strength potions, the best way I have seen over the years to counter them is by giving them a taste of their own medicine. Make Splash Potions of POISEN. If you make it correctly it should last for a minute and cause them to retreat, as it slowly drains their health to 1 leaving them vulnerable for a good 1 minute. Trust me when I say that throwing that potion directly at them, could cause them to even leave the game out of frustration, (learned from experience). While I do think Strength II is a bit OP, it is easily counter-able with harmful potions and with the right strategy.
Alright, that seems like an okay counter. Although, a bit nerf would be reasonable. Since those who can counter are only players who are really good and experienced. Not a lot of players are like that, including me, well I'm getting better. I tried to counter strength pots by doing the same, but man you guys are way too fast. So I guess I could try this strat?

Anyway, I have encountered your strength pot strat, and it's really strong, too strong. But man, there need to be more obvious counters for newcomers to this. I don't think newcomers even know you can make pots in this game, or even get gold. I know you're an OG, since I asked someone once last month, but not a lot of people have that much experience as you have. Although, now since you shared this knowledge and even shared its success, it could change the meta if people know about it.

And yeah, I do admit, the strat is fun if you're on the right side. But the problem should be addressed as other people have shared the same hatred of the strat. This defense, however, did change my point of view, and maybe we don't need to change it. It's just we need to get good? But, it's still too strong and some kind of nerf is still required in my opinion.

Also, to those reading this, I'm gonna list down how to make the Poison Pot and the gold needed (for future reference for me too). And I assume it's like Poison II? Spreading this counter is one temporary solution to this problem.

Brewing Stand = 14 Gold
2 Water Bottles = 1 Gold (2 or 3 Gold if you're a bit OCD)
1 Nether Wart = 1 Gold
1 Spider Eye = 2 Gold
1 Glowstone = 3 Gold
1 Gunpowder = 3 Gold
Total = Atleast 24 Gold.

1. Put In Netherwart
2. Put in Spider Eye
3. Put in Glowstone
4. Put in Gunpowder

Bonus:
Put in Fermented Spider Eye into the pot to make into Harming instead. Not sure if it has to be before Step 4. Not sure. :p

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
FishHeadphones
Make a suggestion; I’ll back it.

Ain't mine, but it's almost the same thing.

VortexTG

The game would end before putting any of those counter strats.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
FishHeadphones
The game would end before putting any of those counter strats.
Yeah, we need still need to nerf it in some way. Cause you can't make them poison pots when they start str pot rushing. We need to know it in advance, and that's a bit frustrating.

VortexTG

Yeah, we need still need to nerf it in some way. Cause you can't make them poison pots when they start str pot rushing. We need to know it in advance, and that's a bit frustrating.
My proposition to counter it is to make it more expensive to get, so that it doesn't happen every game. https://jartexnetwork.com/threads/changes-additions-i-think-would-be-beneficial-to-thebridge.161163/

EDIT: I forgot to include why make strength 2 more hard to get instead of nerfing it. If it was nerfed it will have some people complain and want to revert it, so it is better to limit the usage of strength 2 rather than nerf it completely. You might also think that making it harder to get is nerfing it but you can still get strength 2 and one shot people, albeit you need more time to get it. My suggestion of using diamonds to buy brewing items would mean fighting for mid control would be essential and that would sort of reduce the chance of strength rushers or any potions being made because people keep killing each other at mid.

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
FishHeadphones
My proposition to counter it is to make it more expensive to get, so that it doesn't happen every game. https://jartexnetwork.com/threads/changes-additions-i-think-would-be-beneficial-to-thebridge.161163/

EDIT: I forgot to include why make strength 2 more hard to get instead of nerfing it. If it was nerfed it will have some people complain and want to revert it, so it is better to limit the usage of strength 2 rather than nerf it completely. You might also think that making it harder to get is nerfing it but you can still get strength 2 and one shot people, albeit you need more time to get it. My suggestion of using diamonds to buy brewing items would mean fighting for mid control would be essential and that would sort of reduce the chance of strength rushers or any potions being made because people keep killing each other at mid.
Actually, I think I saw your suggestion. Quite frankly I like this idea. Requiring them to take a long while to get str pots is a great idea. Although, maybe gold blocks (or at least increase the value of it) that were in the suggestion is a good one.

EDIT:
And also you need a diamond armor and sword (or iron sword) to be effective when doing the str II rush. Another argument why we should just use Gold Blocks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.