Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Forums A whitelist request for IP-Conflicts

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
Minecraft Username:
OrangeEndy​

What is your suggestion's title?
A whitelist request for IP-Conflicts​

Suggestion Details:
For a while now, I have advised players to submit a VPN bypass request during an IP-conflict. Players' VPN bypass would be accepted and they would be able to play again.​
But recently I was corrected by a Staff member to not instruct players to make a VPN bypass as it is not meant for IP-conflicts. Instead they should be instructed to DM a Sr Mod.​
I knew that the protocol was to DM a Sr Mod, but as VPN bypass were accepted for IP-conflicts and they were much faster, I instructed players to fill it out.​
Management team's DMs are generally flooded with these requests along with many other stuff that have priority. Hence to avoid their DMs being overrun and give them time to conduct their other duties.​
Finally for the suggestion itself, I propose Whitelist request, similar to VPN bypass, which requires:​
-IGN:​
-Other minecraft accounts:​
-Screenshot of "Ban" page:​
Of course other things can be added upon this.​
I also think these requests should be handled by Jr Mod+ Similar to Unban appeals and passed for management revision for IP check and other things. Jr Mods and Mods can filter out insufficient/ improper requests.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
-This will provide a proper place where this issue can be resolved.​
-As Jr Mod+ are able to view it, it will save Management team's time in checking the background of the issue and I think would provide a bit of experience about these things to the rest of the Staff team.​
-DMs Can take some time to be answered by Sr Mods, and this should be comparatively faster, at least from my experience.​
-Management team's DMs can stay clear from these requests and let's them focus on other priority tasks, saving their time.​

Extra Information:
I have to say, I am still a little unfamiliar with the duties of Management team and the State of their DMs. But from what I have heard from the community, the Staff team and seen from my own experience, I think I am correct; Management team are busy people​

Last edited:

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
-1. This must be solved by a SrMod, it cannot be done by a JrMod nor a Moderator.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
OrangeEndy

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
-1. This must be solved by a SrMod, it cannot be done by a JrMod nor a Moderator.
I stated that Jr Mods can filter out insufficient/improper requests, not handle them.
I also think these requsts should be handled by Jr Mod+ Similar to Unban appeals and passed for management revision for IP check and other things. Jr Mods and Mods can filter out insufficient/ improper requests.

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
I stated that Jr Mods can filter out insufficient/improper requests, not handle them.
This is already done though. Players go to assistance chat, explain their issue and then a member of the staff team / community redirects them to a SrMod. Imo, we shouldn't have a form for everything.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
OrangeEndy

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
This is already done though. Players go to assistance chat, explain their issue and then a member of the staff team / community redirects them to a SrMod. Imo, we shouldn't have a form for everything.
-DMs Can take some time to be answered by Sr Mods, and this should be comparatively faster, at least from my experience.-Management team's DMs can stay clear from these requests and let's them focus on other priority tasks, saving their time.
I also explained those reasons. By a medium of a form, it can be organized.

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
Suggestion - DENIED
Hello, OrangeEndy​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to deny it for the following reason(s);​
  • This already exists but not implemented yet, tickets are usually used for this so staff members would check it out, see if it is an actual ip conflict and then open a ticket.
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​

Kind Regards,​
~ iFlyYT