Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

why do my drugs disappear if i load my cell at a few chunks away from them

Citan

Addicted Member

MrBeastAlan

Addicted Member
IGN
MrBeastAlan
It does disappear but it comes back after a few seconds or minutes.

Disabledaccount

Addicted Member
Hello Citan Citan .
I've reviewed your post and here's my response.

Basic-Information.
As we all know, Drugs are types of crops planted by a vast majority of the players to earn Profits OR Boosters.
  • Drugs take up a lot of space on the Cell.
  • Drugs are planted on a vast scale per type (Usually according to daily limit).
  • Many cells have drugs planted at a time.
Now, we know the basics. So let's move on to the main point to your Question.

Q. Why Do Drugs Disappear Once We're Farther Away From Them?
Well, Concluding from the information stated above, I've listed the following reason that propose a logical response to your Question.
  • To Reduce Lag, it would be quite heavy for the server to load over a 100 Cells with Drugs planted in them at a time.
  • Too many entities in an area, this would cause lag in general if you had to keep those crops loaded every time.
  • To avoid mass-server lag, The thing with chunks is you can set a specific render distance, and I'd say it's the same mechanic with drugs but the other way around, so when you're in close proximity they will load and they'll also take a little while to load, and once you get farther away they will disappear to calm the strain on the server since the server can't load a lot of cells with drugs growing at the minute, which is also why we have to STAY at the cell for the chunk to actually be loaded and for them to grow.
I Hope this answers your Question.

Good-Day
~Regards, iSixez

ozzywat

To circumvent this, i have limited my farms to be within the chunk that I spawn on when I do /C home
Then I've stacked the farms vertically. This is to my knowledge the only way to actually get rid of it.
It is slightly annoying, having to climb ladders/stairs every time I want to harvest, but on the upside, I can harvest one layer, walk up the stairs and the next layer will be ready for me.