Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied PracticePvP Remove cheaters from leaderboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restriction_

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
Restriction_

What is the suggestion about?
Remove cheaters from leaderboards

Description:
When someone gets banned for cheating (Only staff bans, as the Anticheat can false ban) remove their stats if they are on the leaderboards.

If you get false banned by staff and you lose your stats you will be mad. I have a solution to that aswell. If someone from the leaderboards get banned let them have a week to make an appeal and if it really was a false ban he won't lose his stats.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This would help Jartex become a better place for competitive fair play. As now a lot of cheaters can climb the leaderboards and when they get banned they will still be on there. If they got removed from the leaderboards it would open up a place for someone else to compete.

Extra Information:
Right know at the ELO leaderboard MiniDanteh is 1st but he caught cheating. Also at Top Played is Minepaxoficial on 9th place but he also is banned for cheating.

Andeh

Configurator
Staff member
Developer
Donator
1) They can always get unbanned by applying for unbans.
2) Even if they're cheating, the leaderboard will frequently update in the future leaving these players behind.

WarpGrenade

You shouldn't remove stats, because even if a person was cheating, if it wasn't a perm ban they would come back, but if they learned their lesson they wouldn't hack anymore, which is the main reason why banning is even a thing. Also, the staff members don't watch for hacking, that's what the anticheat is for. Instead, most staff members that are active on PratcicePvP are just looking for any chat disrespect. They won't look at your games while you're playing.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
R

Restriction_

Donator
Donator
1) They can always get unbanned by applying for unbans.

The thing is, if they get banned by a staff member they have 1 week to proof they weren't cheating. And if they were legit and it was a false ban, then their stats won't be reset. If some leaderboard player was cheating and applied for an unban because he is sorry his stats won't be restored as he got those leaderboard stats by cheating.

2) Even if they're cheating, the leaderboard will frequently update in the future leaving these players behind.

I don't know how the leaderboards will function here as I didn't work that much with StrikePractice (Especially not this version). From watching in-game there are still players on the leaderboards who were banned 3 days ago.

You shouldn't remove stats, because even if a person was cheating, if it wasn't a perm ban they would come back, but if they learned their lesson they wouldn't hack anymore, which is the main reason why banning is even a thing.

I don't agree with you on this point as my suggestion was meant for staff bans, and (to my knowledge) all bans by staff for cheating are permanent. And as I said above. If someone was cheating, got banned, appealed because he learned his lesson and came back, his leaderboards stats are still from the period he was cheating. So it would be unfair to let him keep his stats.

Also, the staff members don't watch for hacking, that's what the anticheat is for. Instead, most staff members that are active on PratcicePvP are just looking for any chat disrespect. They won't look at your games while you're playing.

I believe you are completely wrong here. Staff members are not only for watching the chat and I get that they won't spectate every player in a match but they do spectate players who they think are cheating. I recently got banned for Aimassist/Aimbot by staff (It was false, got unbanned shortly after). Recently (atleast to my knowledge) a screenshare team was assembled. They use that team to see if someone is closet cheating. And I think most leaderboard players are closet cheating(The ones who cheat on leaderboard ofcourse). I'm not trying to be rude but the Anticheat isn't the best and I think everyone knows that. I know that it's hard to configure a good anticheat with as little to no false bans for such a big, diverse playerbase. I think that the anticheat can catch some blatant cheaters (Not all of them), but that staff is needed to catch the closet cheaters here. AAC is also not the way to go (in my opinion) but that is not relevant for this suggestion.

Can you elaborate why you gave the suggestion a -1?

NotLoLo1818

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
The thing is, if they get banned by a staff member they have 1 week to proof they weren't cheating. And if they were legit and it was a false ban, then their stats won't be reset. If some leaderboard player was cheating and applied for an unban because he is sorry his stats won't be restored as he got those leaderboard stats by cheating.

I don't know how the leaderboards will function here as I didn't work that much with StrikePractice (Especially not this version). From watching in-game there are still players on the leaderboards who were banned 3 days ago.

I don't agree with you on this point as my suggestion was meant for staff bans, and (to my knowledge) all bans by staff for cheating are permanent. And as I said above. If someone was cheating, got banned, appealed because he learned his lesson and came back, his leaderboards stats are still from the period he was cheating. So it would be unfair to let him keep his stats.

I believe you are completely wrong here. Staff members are not only for watching the chat and I get that they won't spectate every player in a match but they do spectate players who they think are cheating. I recently got banned for Aimassist/Aimbot by staff (It was false, got unbanned shortly after). Recently (atleast to my knowledge) a screenshare team was assembled. They use that team to see if someone is closet cheating. And I think most leaderboard players are closet cheating(The ones who cheat on leaderboard ofcourse). I'm not trying to be rude but the Anticheat isn't the best and I think everyone knows that. I know that it's hard to configure a good anticheat with as little to no false bans for such a big, diverse playerbase. I think that the anticheat can catch some blatant cheaters (Not all of them), but that staff is needed to catch the closet cheaters here. AAC is also not the way to go (in my opinion) but that is not relevant for this suggestion.

Can you elaborate why you gave the suggestion a -1?
Here is why I said -1 first of all I definitely agree with Andeh and Second of all before the leaderboards reset I was 4th player on leaderboards (Before I was a staff member) And I got false banned by a staff member that was a Mod not saying names Anyways the staff flase banned me for killaura and I was 4th player on leaderboards so means I would have lost all my stats after the hard work and everything for an unfair and false ban and again im voting -1

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
R

Restriction_

Donator
Donator
Second of all before the leaderboards reset I was 4th player on leaderboards (Before I was a staff member) And I got false banned by a staff member that was a Mod not saying names Anyways the staff flase banned me for killaura and I was 4th player on leaderboards so means I would have lost all my stats after the hard work and everything for an unfair and false ban and again im voting -1

I get being pissed off for being banned unfair and losing all you stats. That's why I thought of a solution by giving them 1 week the time to appeal if it was really a unfair ban. Any thought on that?

DrogonMC

Known Member
Known Member
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
DrogonMC
Actually their stats should get reset cause they have managed to get those stats by using hacks and not legit. Even if they used hacks for only few games it's their stupidity

NotLoLo1818

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Actually their stats should get reset cause they have managed to get those stats by using hacks and not legit. Even if they used hacks for only few games it's their stupidity
Kevim abused to 1st and not punished or stats reset so nah we shouldn't really reset those either

DrogonMC

Known Member
Known Member
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
DrogonMC
That's another story xD these guys are hacking to get better elo and stats
Kevim abused to 1st and not punished or stats reset so nah we shouldn't really reset those either

Status
Not open for further replies.