Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

OneBlock PvP related changes

Scuffleshadow

Donator
Donator
IGN
Scuffleshadow

Minecraft Username:
Scuffleshadow​

What is your suggestion's title?
PvP related changes​

Suggestion Details:
TLDR AT THE BOTTOM (EXTRA INFO)

There are a number of issues that plague current pvp in one-block. I appreciate that most of you don't go to the pvp area, however I hope you might have sympathies for those who do, and try and approach these with an open mined, considering it is MODERN pvp not 1.8.

Enchanted golden apples are super easy to get due to phase 15 handing them out like water bottles at a running event.
As a result, almost everyone has complete access to unlimited golden apples, even if they are not phase 15, as they are super cheap on /ah.
On other 1.20 pvp modes like lifesteal and survival, the Egaps are not farm-able, and you have to loot structures or get from crates to obtain them. This means players are hesitant to use to many in a fight, for fear of running out. However on one block, this isn't the case. Players chug them like they are M&M's meaning fights are never ending. You could be the worst player in the world, but be given 3 stacks of enchanted golden apples, and go toe to toe with the best.

The best way to fix this is to add a time to the golden apples, so you can only eat them so often. Because the effects last FIVE minutes, I think the timer should be at least 10, to allow for some time without the effects.

Another thing that is completely no skill, is the Militia enchantment. It completely removes any sort of skill in fights, and makes the fights who ever gets lucky first. (For those who don't know, the militia enchant is that every time you hit someone, there is a 0.5% chance they drop what they are holding.)
This makes every fight not about skill, but who ever gets lucky enough to rob the opponents sword.
Every fight becomes a glorified version of "Spin the wheel" to see who wins, there is ZERO pvp skill required. Its basically just a coinflip every-time to see who gets mugged first. Whats even worse, is iron and diamond kids who mass produce Militia swords, and then run into pvp, spam click you a few times, and then fly off. They then repeat this until you get mugged.

Two possible ways to fix this, would be:
1) Militia is changed so that the item you are holding gets swapped with a random item in your hotbar.
2) The sword still gets thrown out, but for 15 seconds after its thrown, the original owner is the only one who can pick it up, and then after that it becomes fair game.

I personally prefer option 1, as it seems a little more skill based than luck based, but I wouldn't complain about either.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
This would greatly improve pvp retention rates, and encourage a large proportion of the player base who don't want to pvp, for fear of loosing their sword unfairly, to join in.

Additionally, while readily accessible, Egaps are quite expensive to buy for people who aren't on phase 15, so adding a timer would make it more balanced for new players, reducing the wealth gap between those are on phase 15, and those who aren't. Furthermore, it wouldn't give players too much of a disadvantage if they are unable to obtain any Egaps.​

Extra Information:
CONCLUSION TLDR - CONCLUSION TLDR
Add a 10 minute timer to Egapples, to create a fair and fun environment.

Change Militia to either:
1) The item you are holding gets swapped with a random item in your hotbar.
2) The sword still gets thrown out, but for 15 seconds after its thrown, the original owner is the only one who can pick it up.

LET ME KNOW WHICH OF THE TWO MILITIA CHANGES YOU PREFER!​

Unknowingly

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Unknowingly
Greetings Scuffleshadow Scuffleshadow , I agree with your suggestion as I have noticed this which makes pvp so boring. As for the preference for militia enchant, I think the 2nd option you mention is the best as there are many ways to counter the 1st way.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Scuffleshadow

Scuffleshadow

Donator
Donator
IGN
Scuffleshadow
Greetings Scuffleshadow Scuffleshadow , I agree with your suggestion as I have noticed this which makes pvp so boring. As for the preference for militia enchant, I think the 2nd option you mention is the best as there are many ways to counter the 1st way.
Common Unknowingly W