Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

GKit Tips for SBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
Hello, as my first (official) thread on this forums account, I want to share with you (the reader) about my thoughts on SBF Gkits.
Now, if you've played long enough then you would probably know me, my IGN is TotallyNotLeo, and I feel that I've played this gamemode long enough to fully understand how stuff works.

Without further ado, let's get started, shall we?

Let's get to the basics first. If you don't know what a GKit is, it's basically an in-game perk which you have to buy from the webstore (Jartex Buycraft) or win it from a crate. There are multiple GKits to choose from, specifically 11 as of writing this. GKits have a cooldown interval of 1 week (exactly 7 days) before claiming them again, in case you didn't know, and these GKits give you quite useful items, such as spawners, ranks, money etc. which you can use in your SkyBlock adventure.

Of course, majority of players who play on this server are still incapable of using their own in-real life money to purchase items from the webstore, as most of them are still kids. However, if you have ever decided to buy a GKit, then this thread would definitely help you.

First of all, I've seen a few players acquire GKit Vouchers before (the ones where you win from crates), and the first thing I've seen them do is try to sell it. I don't mean to be rude or anything but that's a HORRIBLE idea and you should probably reconsider your life decisions, because GKit Vouchers are EXTREMELY rare and overpowered as well, so to sell it to another player for cash/money or spawners, etc. is a bad idea, since those items (the spawners and cash) aren't permanent and don't carry over in a reset, while GKits do (once you've claimed the voucher). So, if you've ever had the thought, or if you have the habit of selling everything for cash, please just, no. Just no. Claim something for once, kay?

Anyways, let's get straight into the spicy part. Now, if you're one of those lucky kids whose parents don't mind you using their credit card, or if you're an adult who doesn't mind spending some money on a game, then I would definitely recommend that you buy a GKit before a Rank, or before anything in particular if you decide to start playing SBF, mainly because some of the GKits already have the chance of giving you a Rank, like the Special GKit and the Keys GKit.

Speaking of which, the Special and Keys GKits are definitely the best GKits, in my opinion, with their reasonable prices and how good they are. And by "good", of course I mean that they have the chances of giving you a Rank, anywhere from SkyDonor to SkyGod, or even a fly command. Now you may be asking, how can such a simple and measly item (which it is not) give me such overpowered items? If you look at the contents of said GKits :

The Special GKit gives you 3 Special Monthly Crates, which have the chance of you winning a SkyLord Rank Voucher (second highest rank, with fly included), and even if you don't win the rank, you'll still at least get some Command Vouchers (Hat, Fix etc.) which can also be extremely useful, and can save you from a lot of hassle, or if you're fortunate enough you'll get ANOTHER Special Monthly Crate, and the said cycle repeats itself. Of course, many higher level players opt to just sell their Command Vouchers to the default players/newbies, which is a pretty smart idea seeing as we higher leveled players don't really need any more commands, as our ranks already come with the commands needed.

As for the Keys GKit, it's a complete different story. This GKit gives you 2 God Crate Keys, 3 Ultra Crate Keys, 4 Rare Crate Keys and 5 Voting Crate Keys EVERY WEEK (as I've mentioned before). These keys are used to open the crates at /spawn or /warp crates. We'll ignore the Voting Crate Keys and the Rare Crate Keys for now as they are quite common and every player has access to them (through voting or voteparties). Let's talk about Ultra and God Crate Keys. These 2 types of Keys are only obtainable through this GKit, and the Mobcoins Transfer Shop (Ultra Key only) if I'm not mistaken. And these keys have a chance to give you really overpowered items. "What overpowered items?" you may ask, well these keys have a chance to give you a Rank anywhere from SkyChamp to SkyGod (SkyGod through God Keys only), which cost about 65EUR to 200EUR in the Jartex Webstore (before discount), and the GKit itself only cost 40EUR before discount. I'm no mathematician but I can tell that the GKit itself is even cheaper compared to a SkyChamp Rank.

Of course if you're not interested in acquiring Ranks/ OP Items from the above GKits (which why wouldn't you?), but instead prefer to gain more in-game items (spawners etc), then the Treasure, Package and Spawner GKits are just the thing for you. I'm not gonna be too long-winded in explaining why these are so specific towards in-game items only, but just know that the Treasure and Spawner GKits guarantee at least 1 type of Spawner every time it's opened (based on observation), while the Package GKit is more towards Mystery Books (30% chance of GKit Voucher), Money etc.

If you're interested in PvE or PvP however, then I would definitely recommend the Grinding GKit (For PvE and Mob Grinding) and the PvPing GKit (PvP related).

Of course, I myself would not spend my money on these GKits, seeing as it's quite pointless to own the Grinding GKit (unless you like flexing on everyone), and there's a really simple reason for that. The Looting 4 on the Grinding Sword does NOT affect Spawner-Spawned Mobs, only Naturally Spawned Mobs will be affected. Plus, the Grinding GKit Books (the slimeball) is bugged as of the date of writing this, and what I mean by that is, when you try to apply the Looting IV book to a sword, it'll auto-correct it to Looting III instead. This is, of course my personal opinion and that there are players who buy this GKit just to sell the armour, tools and the books,

As for the PvPing GKit, I've seen players buy it just to sell it to the hardcore PvP players, specifically the PvPing Axe and the PvPing Armour Set, seeing as the Axe has a Fire Aspect 2 enchant on it (which can't be acquired through anvils) and the armour set has Protection 5 (which exceeds the max vanilla protection level).

Of course if you already own all the above mentioned GKits/ are not interested in them, then let me introduce you to Wizardness' best friend : the MCMMO GKit.
MCMMO is a source plugin which allows players to play in an RPG-like world with skill levelling, and this GKit gives you a total of 85 MCMMO Credits (in 3 seperate vouchers of 10Credits, 25Credits and 50Credits) per week, which you can use to level up your MCMMO Skills and increase your productivity.

We're gonna skip the detailed part of the Limited Edition GKits (Haunted and Halloween) cause those are only available on selected dates, but in case you're wondering, they give you Protection 5 Armour Sets and other goodies like DropPackages and Keys (Halloween GKit) and also Exp, Mobcoins and MCMMO Credits (Haunted GKit).

Last but not least, let's talk about the most useless GKit, in my opinion, which is GKit Kits. Why is it so bad?
Well, it only, and ONLY gives you kit vouchers, which is absolutely useless considering that you could just craft your own armour and tools, then enchant it. Plus, higher ranked players already have access to their own kit (refreshes daily), so having this GKit would be just a complete waste of money, whether if you're an unranked player or a ranked player.

To sum things up, don't EVER sell your GKit Vouchers (even if its GKit Kits). GKit Special and GKit Keys are probably your go-to if you like Ranks, Commands etc, and if you don't, just buy GKit Treasure/Spawner/Package. If you're interested in PvE/PvP related stuff, then GKit Grinding and GKit PvPing are probably for you. If you like being productive, then go ahead and cop the MCMMO GKit from the Jartex Webstore. And last but definitely not least, please don't ever tell me you've bought GKit Kits.

And yes I'm aware that this post is very long-winded, but hey it's my first official forum post (which I wrote myself, this took like 2 hours). I do hope this post was helpful in your GKit selection/decision making process.

Your toxic SkyLord kid next door,
TNL

PyroInDaBus1

Hello, TotallyNotLeo Nice To Meet You !!!

I Read What You Write And I Have To Say That I Agree With You And I Think A Lot Of Players Will Do The Same.
The Only Advice I Want To Give You Is To Post This Text In The Suggestions Forum Here !!!

Have A Nice Day !!!

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Modena__

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
Hello, TotallyNotLeo Nice To Meet You !!!

I Read What You Write And I Have To Say That I Agree With You And I Think A Lot Of Players Will Do The Same.
The Only Advice I Want To Give You Is To Post This Text In The Suggestions Forum Here !!!

Have A Nice Day !!!
n

I dont see why I have to post it in the Suggestions part as this is SBF related. Suggestions are for major suggestions of the server arent they?

PyroInDaBus1

Hello Again !!!

There Is A MiniGame Choose In The Suggestions Application For Every Game You Wish You Suggest

Have A Nice Day !!!

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Modena__

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
Hello Again !!!

There Is A MiniGame Choose In The Suggestions Application For Every Game You Wish You Suggest

Have A Nice Day !!!
As I have said Suggestions are for the server owners and developers to update the game to better the experience, this is Skyblock related and not related to any major updates so there’s not any necessary need to post this in the Suggestions forum

Status
Not open for further replies.