Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

[Forge 1.8.9] SimpleCapes - Get a cape in a matter of seconds

_Rakib_

If you don't want to read then click here and watch this
If you can't understand what to do then read this

Hello. I haven't released a mod in a while and decided to release something nice. Over the past days I was really bored as I had no projects in mind and this idea has suddenly come so I decided to make it come to true.
Now, before you tell me that MinecraftCapes mod is already a thing, lemme point out a few stuff:
MinecraftCapes isn't getting anymore support from its authors
MinecraftCapes requires you to sign up on their website and upload your cape, and everytime you need to change your cape you'd need aprox of about 5 minutes
MinecraftCapes has a few bugs such as giving everyone white capes and white deadmau5 ears to every player in your current world.
Why you might prefer to use this mod over MinecraftCapes:
No setting up process required. All you need to do is execute a single command to get your desired cape
I'm willing to give all the possible support for users
Ability to set capes from an image URL, a local image on your machine or from your current clipboard.
No restarting/switching worlds process required when you change your cape or disable it, all changes are seen immediately.

The mod basically has 3 modes:
URL mode: It will get the cape image from the URL. To switch to this mode, /simplecapes url <cape url> is used.
Local mode: It will take the cape image from your computer. The image must be in .minecraft/simplecapes/ directory. To switch to this mode, /simplecapes local <image name>. Don't forget to add the extension (.png, .jpg, etc.)
Clipboard mode: It will take the cape image from your current clipboard. To use this mode, /simplecapes clipboard is used. Note that, when you use this mode, the image is saved in .minecraft/simplecapes/clipboard.png, and the mod will refer to it later.

Commands
Command: /simplecapes. Alias: /sc
/sc toggle - Toggles the mod
/sc check - Toggles whether the mod should check for updates or not
/sc update - Updates the mod from the GitHub repository releases
/sc url <url> - Sets the cape image from the given URL
/sc local <image name> - Sets the cape image from your machine. The image must be in .minecraft/simplecapes/. Adding the extension of the image is also required. Refer to the explanation section for more details
/sc clipboard - Sets the cape image from your current image clipboard.

Examples
/sc url https://i.imgur.com/2zndJGu.png
/sc local mojang.png
Stuff you should know:
I'm aware of the bug where the cape would start getting in your face if you were moving too quickly. This bug should be classified as the game's bug but I'm trying to get it fixed.
The cape only appears on your screen, other players do not see it
Download link
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/simple-capes

Tell me what you think below

starpredetor

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
starpredetor
If m not wrong this is only client-side right? (no offense just askin)