Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

PracticePvP Camping prevention

Dasyat1s

Minecraft Username:
Dasyat1s​

What platform or game mode is this suggestion for?
PracticePvP​

What is your suggestion's title?
Camping prevention

Suggestion Details:
Here are some easy changes that could be added server side in practice to avoid camping which affects both players (losing time and sometimes dying against a camper) and staff (having to deal with reports and spectating in game)​
  • Combo based gamemodes (Gapple, Combo, NoDebuff, Debuff) : an easy fix would be a map change for a fully flat map, terrain is really annoying for combo based gamemode, adding things blocking the combos.
In addition, any structures placed on the maps can lead to camping : either with pearls (which is pretty easy to deal with : you just have to pearl) or with kb (players can be pushed on stuctures in some gapple maps which can't be fixed (those places are only accessible with kb)​
  • BuildUHC : this is the gamemode that deals the most with kb. Terrain was a really nice addition to BuildUHC, making it more realistic and therefore can't be removed.
The main way of camping in BUHC is by building up on a border corner before making a simple base. The easiest way of dealing with that issue is by adding a feature to destroy blocks after a certain time (making them break themselves in a set delay such as some servers like AntiAC)​
Another way is to exploit terrain like in maps with trees and/or towers. The easiest way to fix that would be to create a barrier roof (~5/6 blocks of height would be reasonable). Another way of fixing it would be to block all of the entrances to the towers with barriers​
TLDR :
  • Remove terrain from combo based gamemodes (bonus : it will only make it easier to pvp)
  • Add a plug-in to remove blocks after a set time in BUHC

Because let's face it, it won't be the chat warnings that will fix the camping issue.

And PLEASE remove those snow maps, no one can aim in those

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?

Solving camping issues​

Last edited:

SolidPrep

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Team Reports
IGN
SolidPrep
Minecraft Username:
Dasyat1s​

What platform or game mode is this suggestion for?
PracticePvP​

What is your suggestion's title?
Camping prevention

Suggestion Details:
Here are some easy changes that could be added server side in practice to avoid camping which affects both players (losing time and sometimes dying against a camper) and staff (having to deal with reports and spectating in game)​
  • Combo based gamemodes (Gapple, Combo, NoDebuff, Debuff) : an easy fix would be a map change for a fully flat map, terrain is really annoying for combo based gamemode, adding things blocking the combos.
In addition, any structures placed on the maps can lead to camping : either with pearls (which is pretty easy to deal with : you just have to pearl) or with kb (players can be pushed on stuctures in some gapple maps which can't be fixed (those places are only accessible with kb)​
  • BuildUHC : this is the gamemode that deals the most with kb. Terrain was a really nice addition to BuildUHC, making it more realistic and therefore can't be removed.
The main way of camping in BUHC is by building up on a border corner before making a simple base. The easiest way of dealing with that issue is by adding a feature to destroy blocks after a certain time (making them break themselves in a set delay such as some servers like AntiAC)​
Another way is to exploit terrain like in maps with trees and/or towers. The easiest way to fix that would be to create a barrier roof (~5/6 blocks of height would be reasonable). Another way of fixing it would be to block all of the entrances to the towers with barriers​
TLDR :
  • Remove terrain from combo based gamemodes (bonus : it will only make it easier to pvp)
  • Add a plug-in to remove blocks after a set time in BUHC

Because let's face it, it won't be the chat warnings that will fix the camping issue.

And PLEASE remove those snow maps, no one can aim in those

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?

Solving camping issues​
Yo D Dasyat1s , After reviewing your suggestion, I've decided to stay Neutral with it for the following reason(s):

n0tanisha

Addicted Member
IGN
n0tanisha
Hellow there!
Hi there friend(or rather stranger), my name is n0tanisha, tho people refer to me has isha, and I do not main practice. Okay, now on the topic at hand I personally believe your suggestion would be a great addon for the practice and a way to prevent camping for the most part. I do like the idea of destroying blocks after a certain amount of time for the BUHC part, tho I truly doubt that will become a feature, but still, best of luck!

Thanks for your interest in trying to help and reinforce JartexNetwork by creating this suggestion, and after reviewing your suggestion, I've decided I would upvote it (+1) for the reasons that follows:
● Reduce Camping
● Overall better pvping experience in Combo.

Kind Regards, ~ n0tanisha 🦉(Owls<3)

Nexus720

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nexus720
After reading your suggestion, I decided to upvote(+1) this suggestion. I totally agree campers in practice are really annoying and a lot of time is wasted in practice just trying to finish the match.