Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Bedwars Strategies and Tips!!!

SenpaiKent

Hello everyone! I am iiKxnt_ and in this thread I will be guiding you through some of the best tips and strategies available in BedWars at the moment. Be sure to suggest tips or strategies in the comments!
Disclaimer: This is a work in progress, feel free to make suggestions or point out mistakes.

Party

In the current testing state of the game, winning a game is really easy if you play as a team with people who know what they are doing. I will be discussing some of the strategies you can do with your team to succeed.

Split up and conquer

When?
This strategy is based on my solo strategy, the bed rush, except 1 person goes to the left, and another starts bridging to the right. You should use this when you want to eliminate the enemys chances very quickly and dominate the quickest you can.
How?
The last person waits in base for gear to go with 1 of the 2 sides (typically the easiest one for kills) and follows to assist in killing the bed/killing the players after the bed is killed. This leaves 2 teams without their bed, 1 of those with probably 1 or 2 people dead, possibly even 3. This really opens up the game, as you now have 2 islands with free generators, a free diamond generator in between your island and the killed teams island, and a half-free generator on the other side. Now gear up and take control of mid/hunt the teams left down.

Dominating

When?
This is very easy to pull off if you are in TS3/Skype/Discord with your team and if 2/3 of the people know how to efficiently speedbridge.
How?
Fot this strategy, one person gets 8 iron and starts building to mid, preferably getting the emeralds. The second person follows through with a stone sword (6 gold takes a little too long for an iron sword) and some extra blocks just to be sure. Then the third person goes to the small bridge to mid, and about halfway he can build a straight bridge to both nearby diamond generators. At the first one, take/wait for 2 diamonds, and then run off to get the other one, which should have 3 diamonds or should be close to spawning the 3th one. Go back with 5 diamonds while your teammates secure mid for the second emerald wave. With the emeralds, get obsidian asap. It saves your bed from any early attack, and you can run around the map without having to worry about it too much. With the diamonds, get your forge upgraded. This will make sure you can die a lot and respawn with gold/iron ready for gear. Now just secure mid for the rest of the game and slowly push the 3 other teams to a victory.

Tips and tricks

In this section I put a lot of community tips, send me yours if you have some. Not all tips get accepted into the guide.

Resource management
  1. Don't place iron golems without a reason, they have good uses but can easily be shot.
  2. Since v0.3, invisibility now works on armor, which makes it really good to rush someone with it. They can only see your particles, and iron golems won't aggro on you.
  3. Wooden sword is a waste of money (stone sword is only slightly more of the same resource).
  4. Don't buy sandstone. You spawn with a wooden pickaxe with efficienty. It gets destroyed quicker then wool.
  5. Store emeralds and diamonds in your enderchest except if you are playing with a party.
  6. If you get thrown into the void by an enemy player, throw all your valuable stuff out, since the killer will get the stuff otherwise.
  7. Max your forge only in games that seems hard.

Lategame

1. If someone enderpearls to you during DM, place an iron golem in the enderpearl's path. This will block the ep from getting to the desired place and when he teleports, it will instantly flip him up and make him take quite some damage. NOTE: this can also be done with blocks on an edge, to block the person into the void since he will enderpearl on the side of blocks above the void
  2. Fireballs destroy every defence but obsidian and has some trouble with endstone (still get through, just less) so it's a good lategame tool to rush a bed if there is still one alive.
  3. The best defence you can get is obsidian right around the bed, wood blocks around that, endstone around that and wool over all of it. This on top of all the defensive perks lets your bed survive a long time.
  4. Never lategame rush without at least: iron armour, iron sword, golem eggs, at least 1 enderpearl and all tools. This makes sure you are the most prepared you can be.
  5. If you can afford it in lategame, get both the punch and the power bow, they can be alternated depending on the situation.
  6. TNT can be an effective rushing tool if you dont have shears against wool. For basically every other block, you should get the right tool for sure.
  7. Protection 1 doesn't change much, but prot 3/4 changes the fight completely, try to get this edge.
  8. If your bed dies early, play safe and focus on resource management and staying grouped and alive.
  9. Never use golems on a bridge since they fall off easily and don't offer much on a bridge.

Building tips

In this section I will post building/pretecting tips with pictures. Give me a nice comment with a new idea anytime you want if you found better ways to defend your bed!

NOTE: You should never use more then 8 blocks if you can't make a whole second layer, since the enemy teams can always find a 1 thick spot then.
1 thick wall: 8 blocks
2 thick wall: 18 blocks
3 thick wall: 50 blocks
4 thick wall: 100 blocks
5 thick wall: a lot of blocks xD

1 layer verdict: O

Wool 1 layer bed protection: 8 Wool (4 iron)
The cheapest bed protection there is. Takes attackers mere seconds to get through, but at least they cant break your bed WHILE you're hitting them. Without blocks around it, this is a possibility so always place SOME defence.

Sandstone 1 layer bed protection: 8 Sandstone (12 iron)
This bed protection is not worth it at all. Since you spawn with a pick axe, this defense is actually worse then wool, unless they have shears (people don't really buy shears early on/ever). Still it's more expensive and it doesn't provide a lot of benefits.

Wooden planks 1 layer bed protection: 8 wooden planks (4 gold)
The 1 layer wood protection is a very good tier 1 defense until you get obsidian or multiple layers. I haven't seen 1 person buy an axe in the first couple of minutes and getting through wood with your bare hands is quite process. This way you can buy yourself some time, and 4 gold really isn't that much.

End stone 1 layer bed protection: 8 End Stone (24 iron)
The end stone protection is a very decent quick protection for a start. It is just a better version of sandstone, since it requires the same tool, but is harder to mine and has a very high blast protection.

Obsidian 1 layer bed protection: 8 Obsidian (4 emeralds)
This is the cheapest way to get every side of your bed covered by obsidian. It can easily be achieved by getting to mid first and then holding people off until the second wave. You can also keep running around while they chase you and make sure you get 1 out of the 3 emeralds in the second wave.

Thats it for the guide for now so make sure to give me ideas for more strategies.

WIP: Currently researching a more camping based style for people who are not that good at outplaying/outpvp-ing people and can't speedbridge or play a high paced game.

- SenpaiKent

zSlushi

I can breezily like 20 blocks so I use this method on the Lotus map because Islands are like 16 blocks away from each other.
Welp true the lotus map is very good for breezily bridge.Especially the diagonal one.I usually do 20-40 blocks then my hand dies XD.

UNXI

IGN
UNXI
Good tips!
P.s:I can 20 CPS bridging but I can’t Breezily bridging then XD[/QUOTE same with me but some people can even breezily with 14 cps only, i think it depend on the time clicks and accuracy.