Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Global Anticheat Ping Check Before Kick

Khosraw

Banned
Minecraft Username:
KhowySimps​

What is the suggestion about?
Anticheat Ping Check Before Kick​

Description:
Well I'm writing this because I just got banned and realized that the reason was not valid. So I live in Texas and given the correct situation, we have no electricity. I'm using the remaining battery on my laptop and hotspot to play. Then again, sometimes Wi-Fi is just slow and you get high ping on the server. Looks like Jartex did not even consider that.

Pretty much, I suggest making the anticheat only go through violations of the anticheat if the player has a ping over some amount. The amount is for the developers to decide but they can very easily do it in their anticheat. Here is an example:

YAML:
fastbow:
  enable: true
  cancel_vl: 7
  vl_weight: 1
  commands:
    5: '[anticheat] notify %player% is trying to shoot a bow too quickly (FastBow)'
    12: 'coc %player% if -ping-<130 do kick %player% &cYou were kicked by this server. &7Reason: &fCHEATING DETECTED (#12) &7Kick Id: &f%id%'
    16: 'kick %player% &cYou were kicked by this server. &7Reason: &fCHEATING DETECTED (#13) &7Kick Id: &f%id%'
    20: '[anticheat] delay 5 ban %player% 10m &cYou were kicked by this server. &7Reason: &fCHEATING DETECTED (#14) &7Kick Id: &f%id%'

Now to explain whatever cryptic language you see above, it's a fastbow hack check on Jartex's anticheat. Each violation of that check (every time the anticheat sees a player fail the check) is weighted as 1. The anticheat then runs commands based off those violations. In 5 violations, the runs the command to notify that X player may be using using fast now. I have changed the command in order to respect that maybe they don't want their anticheat revealed. Anyway, in 12 violations, IF the player's ping is less than 130 (which is too low, I would recommend 350), then the player will get kicked for cheating. If the player's ping is higher than say 350, then the player will not get kicked because it may just be an internet issue. In 20 violations, it just bans the player for 10 minutes which is irrelevant.

So the point I'm trying to make here is, they should just add that if statement to their anticheat. Maybe they have it and my ping was in the middle. I don't entirely know!​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This would lead to less false bans like mine. I mean it's pretty self explanatory and possible. No coding required...​

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Khosraw

Khosraw

Banned
You are not allowed to suggest anything related about anti-cheat chocz700 chocz700
Are you serious? God I question Jartex sometimes...

chocz700

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Suggestion - DENIED
Hello, Khosraw​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to deny it for the following reason(s);​
  • You cannot suggest anything about the AntiCheat.
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​