Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

About Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minecraftian

Addicted Member
It has recently become apparent that Jartex's Prison server isn't able to handle large amounts of players mining. This is especially noticeable during Treasure Events (such as the one today, which had to be cancelled halfway).

Other than allocating more RAM to the servers, what might some potential workarounds be?

---
As a personal observation:
The issue seems to be because of the Jackhammer enchantment. In the previous season, the only times the Prison server would have its TPS reach critical levels was during Treasure Events, when everyone used Jackhammer for treasure crates. As someone who primarily mined with Jackhammer during last season (which had an Explosive meta), I can personally confirm that other than Treasure events, there were no other circumstances in which Jackhammer would "ghost" (activate without removing the layer of blocks) while I mined.

This season, meanwhile, has adopted the Jackhammer meta (since it synergizes well with gem box farming). Players mine layers with Jackhammer, taking advantage of gem enchantments to increase the speed with which Jackhammer activates. This, combined with treasure farming, allows for a lucrative income. Notably, it is during this season that server issues have become more prevalent, with Prison often crashing because of 'too many players mining' during Token Boosters, Treasure Events, or some variation thereof.

To reiterate, the above is only a personal observation supported by personal experience, and has not been officially confirmed or denied as the case for Prison's frequent crashes.

---

In the event that Jackhammer is the cause, it might call for a Jackhammer rework (or removal). As a Jackhammer main, it would hurt to have a mechanically different way to mine removed from the game, but it might be necessary. I would be thankful if it could be kept in some manner, however, and would ask the community to help provide suggestions for ways to make Jackhammer less problematic, without outright 'nerfing' it.

If the cause is instead Treasure Seeker (which may be unlikely, considering there have been smooth Treasure Events in the past), or some other reason, feel free to share your observations below. Also, there is a Suggestions Forum where potential ideas can be suggested, but try to keep most suggestions on this thread to avoid flooding the Suggestions page with similar topics; helpful suggestions can then be moved there.

Thank you for your time.

ovq

Addicted Member
Banned
Known Member
Donator
IGN
ovq
Hello Minecraftian,

• The developers and owners of the network have already been contacted regarding the recent crashing and are working on a fix ASAP. Thanks for your feedback nonetheless!​

The question has been Solved. Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!
Kind regards,
~ ovq

Status
Not open for further replies.