Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Helpful What's better? Iron or Diamond armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzniX

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
FuzniX
Hello gamers! I wanted to clarify a general question about armor. Many players don't know if Diamond is better than Iron with protection 2 or 3.. So I would like to share with you the test that I've conducted!

NOTE: The tests have been done with a Sharpness III Diamond Sword and full Armor, without the use of critical hits, Strength potions nor Weakness potions!

IRON:
Without Protection: 2.25 ♡
Protection I: 2 ♡
Protection II: 1.75 ♡
Protection III: 1.5 ♡
Protection IV: ~1.2 ♡

DIAMOND:
Without Protection: 1.33 ♡
Protection I: 1 ♡
Protection II: 0.8 ♡

Results:
As we can see, Diamond armor without Protection is better than Iron armor Protection III.
Diamond armor with Protection I is better than Iron armor with Protection IV.

Diamond > Iron Prot III
Diamond Prot I > Iron Prot IV

To conclude:
In Skywars, if you have any Iron Protection III armor pieces, and you've got the chance to switch to a Diamond piece, you should always change it to the second option, as you'll be receiving less damage. Similarly, if you have an Iron Protection IV set, and you find yourself with a Diamond Protection I set, then you replace the Iron one with it. Now, something to be kept in mind is that, the results for these tests are not exact values, they are averages of how much damage I took wearing the sets.

I hope this will help you winning more Skywars games!

Have fun playing JartexNetwork!

Kind regards,
~ FuzniX.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Aevicene

Donator
Donator
IGN
Aevicene
Hello gamers! I wanted to clarifying something about the armors. Indeed, many players don't know if Diamond is better than Iron protection 2 or 3.. So let me share my tests on the subject:

NOTE: Tests have been done with Sharpness III Diamond Sword and full Armor without critical hits nor Strength or Weakness potions!

IRON:
Without Protection: 2.25♡
Protection I: 2♡
Protection II: 1.75♡
Protection III: 1.5♡
Protection IV: ~1.2♡

DIAMOND:
Without Protection: 1.33♡
Protection I: 1♡
Protection II: 0.8♡

Results:
As we can see, Diamond armor without Protection is better than Iron armor Protection III and Diamond armor with Protection I is better than Iron armor with Protection IV.

Diamond > Iron Prot III
Diamond Prot I > Iron Prot IV

To conclude:
In Skywars, if you have an Iron Protection III piece of armor, if you get a Diamond one, replace the iron one with it: it's always better. If you have an Iron Protection IV one, if you get a Diamond Protection I one, then you replace the Iron one with it. But please, keep in mind this is tests, the results are averages of damage I took each time.

I hope this will help you winning more Skywars games!

Have fun playing JartexNetwork!

Kind regards,
~ FuzniX.
imma just save it for later :D

LucrativeGX561

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Can you also check which is better: Prot 3 and no sharpness or prot 2 with sharpness (bedwars)?

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
FuzniX

FuzniX

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
FuzniX
Can you also check which is better: Prot 3 and no sharpness or prot 2 with sharpness (bedwars)?
It depends if it's you who beat the player(s) or them. If it's you then Sharp, if it's them then Prot

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
Cool, I’ve actually wondered this myself before, but never actually sat down and tested all the armor types to see which was better. Thanks for posting :)

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
FuzniX

FuzniX

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
FuzniX
Cool, I’ve actually wondered this myself before, but never actually sat down and tested all the armor types to see which was better. Thanks for posting :)
It's a pleasure to help others!

TheTrueNova

Thank you for the useful information. I will be sure to use this next time as I was unsure of what was better, but thanks to your informative thread I can now play knowing that there is something for me to refer to every time I play skywars which isn't very common. I am thankful that you went out of your way to test these so I didn't have to. Great job!

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
FuzniX

FuzniX

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
FuzniX
Thank you for the useful information. I will be sure to use this next time as I was unsure of what was better, but thanks to your informative thread I can now play knowing that there is something for me to refer to every time I play skywars which isn't very common. I am thankful that you went out of your way to test these so I didn't have to. Great job!
You're welcome! that's why I created this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.