Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

What is Factions - How to become successful within the Game mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDoctor_

Addicted Member
What is Factions?
Faction is a Game mode that is mastered by playing consistently and emerging yourself within the community. At it's most basic, Factions is a Game mode where you make Allies, Enemies and your own Faction. Within your faction, you make friends which will eventually lead to making a base. On factions, you can Cannon: Cannoning is a form of raiding a base. In order to defend yourself against 'cannoners' you must make a base which you have to defend with different defenses ((Such as Wraps, Reverse layers, Regen walls, Filters (you will learn about this as you go)).

How can you succeed when you first join?

Step 1 - Farming: When you first join, you want to go out as far as you can and make a farm. I would recommend making a Sugarcane farm, Cactus farm or a Cookie farm. The cookie farm is a great alternative to the Sugar Cane or the Cactus farm as the CoCo Beans have a rapid growth rate. You can also use BoneMeal to speed up the growth rate of Wheat to make it much more productive.

Step 2 - Connections: It is very important that you have connections/people you can rely on to build your wealth. This means you have to get to know different people and try being recruited or recruiting people to your faction.

Step 3 - Spawners: As you keep on selling your produce, you gain wealth. Now you may be wondering what you should do with your money. I would recommend buying spawners/ Your end goal is to buy 'high end' spawner: such as Iron Golems or Blazes. But for now, you want to aim to get something like a Skeleton spawner or Cow spawners to earn revenue and experience.

Step 4 - Building a base and advancing: After you have gained a substantial amount of money, trustworthy people and experience/knowledge, I recommend to make a base to hold all of your valuables. You want to protect this base with different types of defenses, I would suggest to look it up on YouTube. You can do many things when you have a lot of money and big ideas for a base. You can choose to make a huge Cactus farm or an IronGolem farm: It's really up for opinion.

Step 5 - PvP and Raiding: When you feel more confident in yourself and you think you are able to cannon, you can advance to a stage where you can steal other peoples things. Raiding is something that has to be practiced, you can do this by going on creative and building cannons (or on another server/single player). There are different cannons that you use for different bases. You really just have to experiment.

Step 6 - Get yourself involved: At this stage, you are quite advanced. I would recommend seeing what Jartex offers e.g. CE (Custom enchants) and AH (Auction House).

Step 7 - Explore: Now that you are here, you should have an extensive knowledge of what Factions is and how to play it. Just explore other things and repeat other steps. Try to make friends and raid as much as you can. You also want to stay alert at your base, to see if anyone is trying to raid it.

Within Your Faction (opt.)
If you have created your own faction and haven't joined one. Here is what I recommend to do within your faction. Once you have made a base with good defenses surrounding it, have different players go out and check if there is anyone trying to raid your base. You basically take 'shifts'. I Would also recommend splitting your wealth and taking turns selling your loot you get from your farms / spawners so you can all buy more.

CE (Custom Enchants)
Minecraft provides the basic enchants such as Sharpness(I-V), Protection(I-IV), Smite(I-V), Power (I-V) etc. But Jartex has a special plugin that allows you to access all kinds of enchants. Go here to see all of the Custom enchants and what they do.

In-Game commands
Go here to check out all of the commands.

Note: Factions is a very Toxic game mode. Don't be suprised if you get knocked around a little. Ofcourse there are boundries, but be aware of the 'nature' that Factions is played in.

I Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Anthonyyy_

Love it xD even tho I have Titan and 10 Gkits xD but I'm still nub, I get 4 CPS and I type 50 wpm but still nub, I only know how to be a nubb

Jeries

Donator
Donator
Useful thread,
we must thank you!
Oh, especially the new players. c:

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
DrDoctor_

DrDoctor_

Addicted Member
No such a thing at the moment, probably never will only due to people being crybaby's and cry about not knowing how to get trought them and call every base OP.
Sorry, you're right, I probably shouldnt talk in general. I'll fix it up

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.