Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Helpful SkyWars Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachiie

Hello everyone,
Welcome to my SkyWars guide! Today, I will be teaching you some tricks and tips on how to survive the exciting game known as SkyWars. In my opinion, SkyWars is very underrated. You don't hear many people saying that their favorite game mode is SkyWars. Although this game is very easy to grasp, a few techniques don't hurt to give you a better playing experience!
Before you read this guide, be sure to read the rules! You can find them in the "Offical Newsboard" section of the forums.
Here are the topics we will be going through in this thread.
• Player Rushing
• Middle/Center Rushing
• Projectile Throwing
• Bridging
• No Player Islands
• Water Strategies

Player Rushing
Player rushing, also known as rushing, is a great way to get ahead in the game. You're able to get extra loot and have one less opponent to worry about. To player rush, you need to be as fast as possible and you will need enough blocks to build to another player's island. The best islands to rush are islands with at least two levels with one chest, like a pirate map. If you happen to see an opening to rush over to a player and kill them as well as get some items, then go for it.

Middle/Center Rushing

Although they may sound the same, player rushing and rushing towards the center are very different but at the same time very similar. They have the same idea, rush as fast as possible towards the destination you need to go. However, the difficulties between the two are pretty different. While rushing to one island gives you one player to worry about, rushing to the middle can give you four or more players to worry about. Rushing doesn't give you much time to make railings, you just need to go. The middle is also farther away from the other islands. But, if you are able to successfully get to the center then you will have a tremendous advantage in the game!

Projectile Throwing
For those of you who do not know, projectiles are the items that can be thrown to knock back a player. The items would be eggs, snowballs, arrows (Be sure you have a bow!), fishing rods, and anything else of this variety. By using these items, you can hit players off bridges, islands, and out of their water streams. Remember, snowballs and eggs do not do any damage- so do not rely on these items to kill your opponent in battle.

Bridging
In SkyWars, building bridges is a huge part of having fun and playing the game. There are many ways to build bridges, some are being made up as I type this. But, the most commonly used bridges are speed bridges, rail bridges, and roof bridges.
Speed bridging is, well, speedy. However, it is very risky if you have neighbors in all directions and no water protection. These bridges do not have any railings or roofs, they are just one block placed after another to make a straight line.
Rail bridges have always been a personal favorite of mine. You don't need too many blocks, it's more protective than speed bridging, and it doesn't take much time to create. In the process of making your simple speed bridge, make a one or two-block railing on each side of the bridge. Some people decide to only do one side of the bridge, and it's not a bad idea if you don't have enough blocks. Just make sure you're protected!
Roof bridges are by far the most protective bridges, but very expensive and time-consuming. If you're prepared to use as many blocks as possible, then this bridge is for you. You start out making a rail bridge, but you also put a roof on top of it. I wouldn't recommend making these bridges unless you have a lot of time to spare as well as blocks.

No Player Islands
Sometimes, games do not have the maximum players but still start. This gives you an advantage, as the islands that do not have players do have full chests. This is personally one of my favorite "cheats" in SkyWars. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you will spawn right next to the islands with no players. Free loot, and you don't have to kill the unfortunate player who would have been on the island. It's a win-win situation! :)

Water Strategies
Even in a video game, water seems to be able to save your life. In SkyWars, you are able to use water to an advantage to stay alive. It is common knowledge that in Minecraft, water removes your fall damage. So, if you are hit off your tower then you can just use water. Before you start building up, always make sure you have a bucket of water in your inventory. Then if you do get hit off and you're at a height that can kill you, you can just rapidly right click your mouse and place water before you hit the ground. This doesn't always work, but it's worth a shot!
Water is also able to help you from falling into the void. If you're lucky enough to not get hit out of the water with my previously stated strategy, or the opponent decides to block up the source, then using water to avoid the void is pretty helpful. You're most likely going to use this technique with speed bridging. All you do is place water on your bridge and voilà!

Thanks for reading my guide to SkyWars! If you have any other techniques or just some tips for players, please don't hesitate to share it. I would love to hear some feedback on my guide.
Cheers,
Peachiie

TROOLEER124

BTW the water bucket thing uhhhhh Im looking at the uhc gods out there reading this XD

Status
Not open for further replies.