Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Server Lagging Preventive Measures

ch1pp1_G

Minecraft Username:
ch1pp1_G

What is the suggestion about?
Server Lagging Preventive Measures

Description:
So, Hi everyone reading this thread.. so we all know that sometimes creative server was smooth before. we used to enjoy LAGLESS creative. But after the update, some people found an exploit on how to lag the creative server... sometimes it leads to sudden disconnection or maybe full server crash. I have found an exploit and hopefully my suggestion could fix or at least reduce the LAG of the server

// WHAT EXPLOIT IS THIS?

We all knew that someone was trying to crash the server.. because that is the only way to completely lags the server.. I tried to go /gmsp (gamemode spectate) and teleports to every single person on creative.. Then i found this guy

CwuaxMR.png

[ LOG // 2020-04-25 ] <-- dont mind this.. this is kinda my signature

And then i saw this plot. . .

I059xbJ.png

[ LOG // 2020-04-25 ]

Notice those textures? Yes.. They are sands.. This guy is too creative to his plot and eventually he's trying to crash the server.

// WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
> Falling Sands/Gravels, Falling Anvils, Entities . . . Usually causes more server loads and more server loads, more packets sending at a time.. which "I THINK" leading to DDoSing.. and this usually causes lag to the server

// WHY DO YOU SAY SO? OR HOW DOES THAT WORKS?

> Basically to enjoy this exploit . . . all you need to do is to /vote for the server (yeah at least they are helping the server) and by the commands of //pos1 , //pos2 then //set sand (even anvils) at the sky and then the blocks will starting to fall . . . Let say each block sends one packet at a time.. but then there were 15K of them.. basically a 15K packets is too heavy and the server couldn't handle it quickly leading to server lagging.. and then they are doing this multiple times until the server crashes

2020-04-25_18.55.02.png

[ LOG // 2020-04-25 ]
Notice the FPS at the bottom left of my screen? The FPS drop to 0 Because even my laptop/computer cant handle the load of sands rendering each block.. and eventually my laptop/computer crashes... This is also similar to the server, where in the server couldn't render the falling blocks one at a time because there are too many blocks that are in motion which required a lot of packet data to send.

//MY SUGGESTION

> I Don't know if people would like these most but here are my suggestion that would might help improving the creative server's performance
  1. Set all Default plot flags disable-physics to true = This will allow all physics-applied blocks to disable.. so that Sands/Anvils/Gravels wont fall and causing more loads to the server and thus preventing the exploiter.

2. Disable DROPPING ITEMS = Yes This may hurt to some other players but. . . this may actually also help because each item drop can also increase server load and thus leading to server lagging. I've seen one earlier this morning as i logged on the server and in front of me there was a ton of items were dropped in front of me. (I was on that spawn that time)

3. Reduce /speed to 3-5 instead of 10 is the highest = I think this is also another reason why the server's lagging because some players are traveling so fast that the chunk loading could increase server load and leading to server lagging.

// FINAL THOUGHTS

> Yes. . . we all wanted to play creative so peacefully and I hope these suggestions do help in the server's performance.. a lot of people complaining about the lag and I would like to help this creative community to be at its best. If this thread has a similar to the previous threads.. please do let me know or you can just delete this..

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
I have been in a Networking class during First and Second year Collage and this is like also similar from one of our discussions the packet sending thing and Threats.

Extra Information:
If you think this idea will take time to implement. Then its ok to disregard my suggestions... Thank you.

Last edited:

Norking

Donator
Donator
IGN
Norking
nice , I agree with the 1 and 3 solutions but not with 2 so I WILL be Neutral

iGapy_

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
Neutral since we all know that crative was lagging cuz some group of people made lagging machine

discu

IGN
discu
+1

All the options could be good ideas for improving Creative server. Also totally agreed to the first option.

Max

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello ch1pp1_G,​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it has been implemented!​
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​

Good afternoon,
Gunfire