Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

I’ve flat lined at a .25 W/L ratio. Looking for advice on how to improve.

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
Over the last few months playing sw, I’ve noticed myself hit the limit of a .25 W/L ratio. I can’t ever seem to do better, and I occasionally manage to do worse. I play several hundred games a week, often getting on games played lb’s, so I know I am playing enough to become better, yet I’m just not improving. Any strategy advice from all you more experience skywars mains would be greatly appreciated!

Lemeonxicey

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
For starters, don't take unnecessary fights, if you don't need to be involved then don't be involved. Secondly, try to play better maps where you can gain the most out of it (Ex. On the maps meteor and farmland you can easily hit players off since it doesn't have any walls on the outer ring.) Lastly, Play defensive as if your life depended on it, go mid get good gear and just wait for the game to clear out, it won't get you any kills but your W/L will definitely go up.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
MiltonNJ05

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
For starters, don't take unnecessary fights, if you don't need to be involved then don't be involved. Secondly, try to play better maps where you can gain the most out of it (Ex. On the maps meteor and farmland you can easily hit players off since it doesn't have any walls on the outer ring.) Lastly, Play defensive as if your life depended on it, go mid get good gear and just wait for the game to clear out, it won't get you any kills but your W/L will definitely go up.
Thanks! Will try this for sure

dtc__

Donator
Donator
good advice lemeonxice i completely agree with you

CommodorePET

As a leaderboard player with a 4.4 W/L ratio heres 5 tips I can give you to help you win more.

First: pick a good kits and talents. The best kit in my opinion that isn't a donator kit is healer. The best talents to use by far are:
  1. Adrenaline (Chance to get speed 3 after being hit)
  2. Rage (Chance to get strength after a kit for a few seconds)
  3. Last Stand (Chance to do more damage when below 5 hearts)
Second: awareness. Make sure you are aware of your surroundings when you are fighting others, about to fight others, or just running around. Being aware can help you survive fights, not get cleaned up, not get snuck up on, and avoid random punch bow arrows.

Third: pick good maps. Avoid maps like pirate for example, that map is easy to fall off on and can causes a loss really easy. Picking a map like Music would be a better option. Music is an open map that has a lot of space to pvp but has a good amount of void if you choose to use that to your advantage. (you can use the command /skywars-1 or /skywars-2 to join a new game without joining the lobby)

Fourth: play to your strengths. If you know that you are not good at fighting on bridges for example then don't take a fight on a bridge.

Fifth: Patience is key. Most players think they have to move really fast and end games as fast as they can but that is not true. If you know it would be better to wait till refill and get a pearl, do that. D

Ignis60

IGN
Ignis60
Okay, I saw a lot of others gave really good tips and tricks that can improve amount of your wins, but none of them said one crutial thing.
Just be good at the game xD

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
MiltonNJ05

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
Just wanted to thank you for the advice. I now have a .35 kdr this week after taking your tips!