Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Helpful How to make quality Minecraft content?

Do you believe this was helpful and would allow you to make good minecraft content?

• Yes

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yosh

So over the course of me having [YouTube] rank and being a YouTuber many have had certain questions regarding:

- What do many consider "Good Minecraft content?"
- What is a good recording software?
- How do I make sure my videos are in a certain format/composition when I am recording?
- What editor do you recommend?
- How does the YouTube algorithm work?

Today I aim to answer all these questions in depth, and I hope that many of you prospering YouTubers can learn from my experience and not only use it, but improve on it.

1. Video ideas for Minecraft content?
Minecraft is a sandbox game with almost endless possibilities which may strike one's interest. To sum all these various different possibilities, in my opinion they come down to 5 things, which are as follows:
-Survival
-Creative
-Multiplayer communities (Minecraft Servers etc.)
-Roleplay entertainment, Machinima, Animations
-Minecraft Maps
All of these conclude as good minecraft videos, and if you have a good plan in your head and have a reason why people may enjoy your certain type of selection, I suggest going for it, and pursue your passion. Next on the list is to get set up with a recording system.

2.Searching for a recording software.
Recording is where the heart of a Minecraft video is at. To start of and for people who want a free solution, I recommend going with OBS on Windows/Mac. OBS (Open broadcast Software) Is a free to use software that enables you to not only record, but stream videos as well. For the sake of time, I am only going to be focusing on the recording part of any software (will be explained in the 3rd point). And before you throw your computer out the window complaining how trash it is at recording Minecraft hold up. There are a few Windows specific solutions (Sorry Mac OSX users) which include Dxtory, Fraps and Action which will lag significantly less than OBS. However, keep in mind that these solutions are paid and that you can crack it, however I prefer not to support illegal acts.

3.Recording format and the composition of the recording.
Now we move onto the recording. Now it gets a bit technical from this point forth, but bare with me if you want to make your own quality recordings without using the default solution. Firstly, as everyone knows, it is preferred that you record a 1920x1080 minecraft recording @60Hz more commonly referred to as 60fps. However, its a common issue of having a PC that isn't capable of these recordings, hence for those people who owns these lower the settings down to 1280x720 @30Hz. Even though with low quality like this, people might still like it if your video itself is interesting alongside good editing. Now, you want to make sure that the bitrate you record at is above 7500 if your PC is good and if it isn't then you may stay with the default settings. (Bare in mind that some recorders don't offer the option to change the bitrate). Finally, you need to make sure your video exports in a usable file format that is widely known. These video formats include mp4, mov and flv among others. I would also like to mention flv format doesn't work with a few video editors such as Premiere Pro, but I shall discuss that in the next point.

4.Editing your videos.
Editing is a fundamental part of video production, whether its a Minecraft video or not. For a good level of editing, I recommend Premiere Pro for Windows users and Final Cut Pro for Mac OSX users. Again, these programs can be cracked but I suggest paying for them. There are other options to like Filmora and Sony Vegas, but Final Cut and Premiere Pro are the best editors in the game as of 2018. Now I wouldn't be able to teach you how to edit, but I can give you a few tips. These include but are not limited to:
-Good editing isn't just what people see, it's what goes on in the background that most people can't see.

-Colour correction is very important as Minecraft colours especially in 1.8 aren't vivid.
-If your video gets boring, add some cool editing to spice up one's interest in the video.
-Make sure you don't use wrong editing in the wrong place. Such as if it's a funny moment don't try to make it cinematic, make it funny
-Cut certain parts of the video which are
potentially going to harm some viewers. (Foul language, racism etc.)
Now when you have made the edit, I suggest you export the video in an h.264 file format, as it is the crispiest and most recognisable format currently.

5.How YouTube works.
BRILLIANT! You have made a one of a kind production and uploaded it to YouTube. But uh... that view count... So you want attention? But no viewers are flowing in. Now there is a sort of hack which won't guarantee your video attention, but would raise your chances significantly. One of the first things is to make your videos 10-15 minutes long. YouTube doesn't recommend videos with only high views, it recommends videos that have been watched for a certain number of hours. So you want the audience to watch as long as possible but not get bored and hence 10-15mins of time is perfect. Next is due to the Adpocalypse on YouTube, it prefers more content with less maturity with the words you say. Keep it family friendly. And finally to be honest, just wait. Stay motivated and you will make it to your goals.

I hope this article helped the many countless people who have asked me these questions and if you have followed these guidelines and made a video, be sure to message me it on discord Yoshirocks#2427. I will be happy to support you all in your journey to excellence. <3

Vessalie

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
Vewwy nice tutorial learned a lot from this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.