play.jartexnetwork.com

Click to Copy
?

Players Online

Christmas Event!

Discussion in 'News' started by Voks_, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staff Member Manager

Minecraft account: Voks_
    [​IMG]
    Hi!

We have GREAT news! JartexNetwork will have an event, and you can join!

The event will be hosted on all Skyblock Game modes and will be themed to Christmas. Entry is completely FREE and there will be AMAZING prizes for the winners!

So what is the event about?
    You will have to spice up your island, and with spice up we mean explode our brains with beauty! The theme for this build contest will be Christmas.
    You can build anything Christmas related on your island as long as it is following our main server rules!

What do we want?

We do not expect just one simple Santa or a silly Christmas tree, we hope to have our minds blown away when we check out your submission! Since there will be lots of entries be sure to make your island as beautiful as possible themed with Christmas everywhere we look!

Things we don’t like:

• Chests scattered around
    • Random blocks
    • Items on the floor
    • Small Christmas trees (unless there is like 100 of ‘em :p )
    Things we do like:
    • Originality
    • Creativity
    • LOADS of Christmas builds!
    Terms and Conditions / Rules
    The terms and Conditions for this give-away can be found HERE. Be sure to read them ALL before entering!!
    If you do not comply with the Terms and Conditions / Rules listed in the document you will be disqualified from the event.

What can you win?

• First:
      • SkyWarrior (all Skyblocks)
      • Fly (all Skyblocks)
      • Gkit Mob Eggs (Skyblock Dream + Skyblock Forgotten)
    • Second:
      • SkyVip (all Skyblocks)
      • Gkit Tools (Skyblock Dream + Skyblock Forgotten)
    • Third:
      • SkyDonor (all Skyblocks)
      • Gkit Builder (Skyblock Dream + Skyblock Forgotten)

When is the event?
    The event will start Wednesday the 14th of December, you will have exactly one week from then until the entries close on Wednesday the 21st of December.
    We will then be reviewing all of the entries with a selected group of staff members.
    After we have reviewed each and every island we will be making a top 5 islands, which you guys will be able to vote on for exactly 24 hours! (A post will be made on the forums with the vote link)
    You will be able to vote from Friday the 23rd until Saturday the 24th.

Winners will be announced on the 25th of December!

Can everyone join?
    YES! Everyone is able to join unless the person is not the island owner. If you are the owner of the island you will be able to join!
    If you want to join you need to submit a graphic representation of your island, a screenshot or a video, requirements for those can be found in the Terms & Conditions / Rules.
    An example video can be found here:

Submit your island here
    Be sure to have read the Terms & Conditions and the rules BEFORE submitting your island!!
    Island owners may submit their islands once through this link:
    http://bit.ly/2hxelm3

Even more information?!
    As an extra thing we have added a building kit for the ones who would like it. More about that in this link.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Staff Member Helper

Wooo awesome event, just what we needed. I have actually seen a few island who have already gotten into the Christmas spirit and build some AWESOME stuff.

As for the prizes OMG, I know everyone would want that 1st prize and good luck to everyone.
    Unfortunately for me I'm the worst builder on entire jartex server so I have no chance :) and I already have the stuff that are being given as prize but still the prizes are awesome for other players.

Good luck and start building peeps :)

3. Staff Member Moderator

I'm so poor on skyblock, I wish I have the money to afford supplies lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Staff Member Helper

Hmmm, u just gave me a good idea thnx :)))

I think I'll start giving early Christmas gifts from today ..
    :) :) :)
    Find me ingame (SBD only sry)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Joined:
    Oct 15, 2016
    Pleasee do something like this for factionsssss

6. Staff Member Helper

U had the f top contest dude, let skyblock get some love now :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Joined:
    Jul 28, 2016
    Um 1 question, can i submit an island belonging to an alt, but i want the reward in my main acc, is that ok?

8. Joined:
    Jun 3, 2016
    Okay so I already have Skylord on SkyBlock Forgotten and I am the island owner. Unfortunately most of my island members are not active and some even quit. So I am going to build everything myself and I am the island owner. So I was wondering that if I win can the prizes be given in a different way so that I can sell it or not? Pls think about AND and tell me ur answer. :D

9. Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    I think this can be possible, ill discuss it with Voks_ since he set this all up, ill keep you updated :D

10. Staff Member Manager

We appreciate all of the effort you put in, even if it doesn't look as good, it makes us happy to have a look at what you guys can accomplish! :D

11. Staff Member Manager

If you already have the listed rank you will be upgraded to the next rank!

12. Joined:
    Jun 3, 2016
    Okay thanks

13. Joined:
    Sep 30, 2016
    I am concerned about a "few" things:

Voting system:
    - Is there any guarantee that it can't be abused?
    - People could advertise online (and even offer 'rewards' for their vote). Wealth = win
    - Will people be able to vote with their alternative accounts to get more votes?
    - More traffic on Sb Dream could result in a simple larger number of voters for them.

Video/screenshot:
    - In what way does it get involved with the contest itself?
    - Does participant will suffer from not being able to provide a good quality or well edited video?

General fairness:
    - Wouldn't this contest be more adapted on Creative mode?
    - People with /fly will be at a huge very huge advantage

Personnal view on this event:
    I really love being creative! This event is for me! But I don't think I'll participate, unfortunately.
    Timing is too tight. 5-6 days is way too short. Original builds takes A LOT of time. I wish it started on December first.
    Voting takes place the day people might be busy with Santa Stuff, no time to go and visit top 5 builds.
    And all the above: I could make awesome creations, but with no guarantee to have a fair outcome.

Nonetheless! Good luck to all the participants! Build us some Merry Islands! :b

14. Joined:
    Jun 2, 2016
    Hai Beescuit,
    The voting part will be fine and will be a small part of the total result, as mentioned by Voks_. There is a Jury of several staffmembers that will also vote for islands. They will see every island and will give their opinion. About the server dependency, we will make sure that every participant will get an even chance like all others. The video/screenshot is that you have put efford instead of clicking the link and filling it all in. This will reduce the amount of 'fake' signups. And as you have mentioned about the /fly.. its a advantage, ill agree. And about the creative mode, ill make an shop at my island for things you will probably need to build except for the more expensive things. Any request for materials is allowed for this event.

BIG EDIT
    I have spoken with Voks_ about this thread and we decided that we will give anyone who wants to join the event a small building kit to give you a boost forward. In order to receive this building package you will need to contact us using /mail send (Voks_ or Rene) Or what you can do is PM us at the forum(only one of us is enough). You can only ask for the kit once. Any further requests will be denied!

The kit: http://prntscr.com/djvffn
    Have fun Building

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  15. Joined:
    Oct 30, 2016
    Sweet! I may enter now <3

16. Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    What if the owner of the island already has the rank does it go to the member (I hope so xD)

17. Staff Member Moderator

I hope the Prisons server get something like this when it resets :)

18. Joined:
    Jul 28, 2016
    So rene and voks, have u finished discussing :3 if so what is it alt island is allowed or no? Cause my main island is far too damn messy :3

19. Minecraft account: HenzenLV
  20. Joined:
    Dec 17, 2016
    HopeFully i win :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.